Straddle L question

Started by phken4343, July 30, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,455 Views

phken4343

I read about a progression Coach mentioned in one of his posts. It goes like:

30 sec L-sit -> 30 sec Straddle L-sit -> 30 sec MHS

What kind of hand placement should I use for the Straddle L-hold? I personally think that placing the palms w/ the fingers pointing backwards (sorta like on rings) is much easier than with fingers facing forward.

Razz

floor i'd go with fingers forward because it's harder and it's what you need to do straddle-l press HS on floor.. on rings obviously it's the other way as you said

Richard Duelley

I work with hands at about 45 degrees or straight ahead for my floor straddle L depending on how my wrists feel.

phken4343

Okay, but I guess I'll have to reserve my Straddle-L training for a bit. I tried a L-sit on floor and I can only hold it for 12~15secs. :/

Hopefully I can get back into shape and be able to do a 30 second L-sit on floor.

Joshua Naterman

The point of the progression being written as such is that you can not have a 30s straddle L without having a 30s L-sit, and you can't have a 30s MSH (held correctly, or at least won't be able to lift into a Manna) without having both of those previous benchmarks.

You should be training them all at the same time, but you should expect to always be the most advanced on L sit and the least advanced on Manna work. Use the easiest progressions on everything, if you have to.