GB European Seminar - interested?

Started by Razz, July 30, 2010 · 465 Replies · 87,876 Views

Razz

Hey Coach

Is there any possibility for a seminar in Northern Europe anytime soon? I posted this here so other people that are interested can see it aswell :)

Interested members

Razz

Gymgreg

Mr. Brady

Cdx

Biomieg

Alex Dienaar

Omegant

FritsMB

Animalonfire

Hackysack

Steve C

Søren

Jamie

Bjonic

Cole Dano

Just some thoughts.

Coach Sommer has already put the offer out.

I'm definitely interested and hope to set something up in Helsinki after i go to the seminar. I think its more a matter of you taking the bull by the horns and finding enough like minded folks in your area and a place to do it. I think if those of us in Europe who are interested can coordinate we can set in up so Dillon can make a tour and save him travel time and the various host cities could share the cost of the flight over.

Of course it could also just be in one city to start, i have a feeling it could become an annual event and grow in any case.

Razz

I vote copenhagen :mrgreen: But what about everyone in northern europe interested post their destination here and we'll find something central where everyone can travel to for a reasonable price? (Right now I'm actually trying to grab the bull by the horns :mrgreen: )

Coach Sommer

If enough people are interested in a Northern Europe Seminar and there is access to a suitable facility, I will arrange one.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Razz

For a start let us see how many people on the webpage here are interested, I have a facility in mind in Copenhagen but I have no idea if it's actually possible to rent it.

gymgreg

I am also interested in an European seminar.

Cole Dano

Coach, now that this has come up semi-formally in the forum.

What are your requirements in terms of numbers and facility?

Though one can to some extent count on forum member support to get some idea of how many are interested. I think that once the space is found and dates prices set that by getting the word out in the right circles in the local area will increase the numbers at least 2x.

The big job in this up front is the organizing- finding the place, getting the word out, taking registrations, deposit, payment. Even if the event winds up not being in Helsinki, i have allot of experience with this as well as bank accounts set up for this purpose, a website etc. So if it makes sense, i can help with this end.

My own thought has been to wait until after the Sept seminar where there will hopefully be the opportunity to discuss the concept in person and see what all is involved.

I'm think this is a great idea, but it does require some amount of planning and discussion to insure the event comes off well.

Mats Trane

This sounds to good to be true! I would defintly come. I'm already considering coming to the september seminar in the states.

Razz

Yes, it is really tough to plan like this. Mr. Brady is there a good gymnastics facility in Helsinki?

Cole Dano

Yes but i also need to check on availability. I do have an 'insider' contact though which could help.

Razz

Awesome!

Mats Trane

Mr Brady,

Is it the training hall that is located under the ground where Matti Kirmis is coach?

Alex Dienaar

I'm from Holland, but I'm certainly up for travelling to Northern Europe to come to the seminar. Count me into the people who want to come, I know 2 other people here who also want to join.

Cole Dano
cdx said:
Mr Brady,

Is it the training hall that is located under the ground where Matti Kirmis is coach?

No, i was thinking of the one in the center of town Kisahalli, but if there a better option i don't know of...

Alvaro

Copenhaguen is not the cheapest city up there but count on me for the euro seminar( if enough time is given to adjust my agenda) ;)

Razz

Omegant you are right, in fact it is probably the most expensive (except for booze and the like, norway and sweeden tops for that). If Mr. Brady can arrange something in Finland I'm keen.

Cole Dano

I'm pretty sure it can happen in Helsinki. After the Sept. seminar i will get hot on the project, and will keep folks posted, no worries there.

On a side note, one possible advantage to doing it here, is i can also provide some free lodging in the yoga studio and there is a hostel that is directly connected to the hall i'm looking at.

Razz

sounds sweet man! :D

Guest

Count me in, definitely. The closer to The Netherlands the better, obviously ;) but I would gladly travel to Finland for a long weekend (never been there).

Oh and Razz, maybe you can edit your original post to include a list of the forum members who have expressed their interest (and adjust it every time someone else is interested as well)? That would make it easier to keep track of the number of people who want to attend this seminar.

Razz

Sure thing, good idea!

Cole Dano
biomieg said:
Count me in, definitely. The closer to The Netherlands the better, obviously ;) but I would gladly travel to Finland for a long weekend (never been there).

Oh and Razz, maybe you can edit your original post to include a list of the forum members who have expressed their interest (and adjust it every time someone else is interested as well)? That would make it easier to keep track of the number of people who want to attend this seminar.

Maybe better to start a new thread for European interest?

Razz

I don't see the reason to start a new thread until it's official.. I can edit the title to European Seminar if that's what you were thinking of?

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

You can count me in as well.

Philipp Hornung

GERMANY!!!

Razz

So are you interested Philipp, or only if it's in Germany?