Coaching question

Started by Troy Rodriguez, July 29, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,462 Views

Troy Rodriguez

I am getting ready to become a Gymnastics coach and was wondering about some basic stuff.

1. Are there any good resources out there for learning the progressions and requirements for level 1-3 mens and womens gymnastics?

2. Is there a detailed guide that explains what is/is not allowed in each level? I am USTA certified through Elite and it is very well documented for coaches but I can't seem to find one on usa-gymnastics.com.

Thanks in advance.

Blairbob

TaenKarth. Now is the season of Regional Gymnastic Congresses. Look for the one in your area. These can be found off USAG.

GymCert has manuals for most of the compulsory levels including boy's/men's. Also check out GymSmarts. There is another inidividual in Texas that has made a lot of men's material.

You can also purchase the Compulsory manual and dvd's for the men's and women from USAG. L1-6 for the girls and L1-7 for the boy's.

Feel free to PM me as I have coached both genders and would be more than willing to help if you get lost.

Troy Rodriguez

Thanks for the information Blairbob!

Also thanks for the offer. I may pick your brain a little once I get a bit more involved. :lol: