This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100726

Started by Coach Sommer, July 26, 2010 · 9 Replies · 1,547 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

20m sled sprints

10 Box jumps

5 depth jumps

10 jumping deck squats

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Move immediately from one exercise to the next.

2) Only add sufficient weight to the sled/tire sprints to make the sprint challenging; not so heavy that running is no longer possible. If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground behind you while sprinting, have a partner pulling backward on you during the sprint with a long strap.

3) For those confined to a situation where sprinting is simply not possible, another possible substitution for the sled sprints would be to perform Overhead Dumbbell Lunges for 20m. Be sure to use a heavy enough dumbbell to make these very challenging.

4) The Box Jumps should be performed from a stand up onto as high a box as possible for all 10 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

5) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

6) The Jumping Deck Squats should be performed as a single unbroken set of 10 repetitions. Remember to jump as high as possible for each repetition.

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Cole Dano

Since the weather is so nice i decided to lose the ego and go to one of the many children's parks in the area.

Tire sprints: Hooked two strong bands to a climbing apparatus. I figured each run to be about 2m so did 10 reps.

10 box jumps up just past knee height onto tightly sprung seesaw. (Can imagine ten to chest height!)

5 depth jumps off children's stairs about chest height

10 jumping squats (last round adding various foot grabs for fun)

One nice thing about going to the park was getting to interact with all the kids and parents who seemed to be entertained by the whole thing. After i even gave one of the fathers some shoulder therapy. That just doesn't happen in Finland very often!

Saber2

4 Shuttle runs 2 going forward the other 2 going side to side

3x10 Box jumps only to 2nd stair

3x10 Jumping Deck Squats

Knee is bothering me more than usual and had to call it quits after shuttle run, thats why the other excercises are 3x10 rather than 4x10. There was no way I was willing to attempt depth jumps today.

The pike stretch felt good too!

Guest

Unfortunately, I managed only one round before my asthma kicked in :( I always need to start slow when doing dynamic training involving running and jumping and I forgot to do so this time.

I did these exercises using the stairways in our apartment building:

Five-story stairway run

10 Stairway Jumps (up/forward): three stairs

5 Depth Jumps (down/forward): four stairs

10 Jumps from Squat position

2x30s Weighted Pike Stretch

All in all, a WOD that suits me fine. I feel pretty confident that I will complete all four rounds next time if I take it easy on the first round.

Josh Schmitter

This one felt just right. Not easy...none of them have been, but not so hard where I have to scale it down, or where I feel like puking at the end. Did 4 rounds as RX'd.

20m sled sprints: with my backpack/rock setup. Ran slightly uphill then would walk it back before the next round.

10 Box jumps: Jumped to the 3rd step on the porch

5 depth jumps: off top of car

10 jumping deck squats: Good, slightly straightening out legs at the bottom to shoot back up onto feet. (Thanks to Blairbob for that tip, now I can even do these on a slight incline)

2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch :Used smaller cinder block off step.

Can't wait til' the next one that will most likely involve a ton of stuff I can't do :)

Kenneth Manning

4 rounds:

20m overhead DB lunge (30 lb DB's)

10 box jumps to hip height (tailgate of truck)

5 depth jumps off top of truck bed (near shoulder height)

10 deck squat jumps -- first 2 sets were done from beginning in candlestick position, last 2 sets were done from tuck (first time I've been able to do these tucked without any counterweight)

Joshua Naterman

4 rounds:

20-40m tire sprint dragging two car tires

10 box jumps, 36 inches

5 depth jumps, not sure on height here, probably 48 inches.

10,8,9,8 jumping deck squats, in order from set 1 to set 4.

I jogged 1 km to the local track to perform this WOD. It was raining and it felt GREAT! I was rolling in the muddy water on the track for the deck squats, and it was simply glorious. I know, that's weird. What can I say, I've always loved getting dirty. My poor parents...

Carmen Amara

:D

This one was fairly simple for me and my clients. I scaled it down a bit for one or two people but they did do well.

We completed the four rounds and the weighted pikes were a favorite amongst the men.

Looking forward to the week.

Alvaro

Better than last dinamic leg workout even with my injury all this time wich is not bad, Any way my level is really low.

4x:

-2x10 m sprint with one guy braking me. First time I perform this!

-10 box jumps a bit higher than the knee. My limit is higher but I dont want to risk yet

-5 depth jumps from two steps

-10 jumping deck squats. Much better than last time when I even couldnt jump the las three reps. Now hight was decreasing but they were still a jump.

The weighted pike is hard but seems very effective. I feel how I stretch slowly while holding the plate , i dont have this feeling with other stretches.

Alexander Moreen

Good workout today, was sweating like a dog in between rounds.

Did:

4x10 sternum high jumps(50") not my all time best but hard enough.

4x5 7' depth jumps

4x10 jumping deck squats

4x25m runs with a 200 lbs person on shoulders fireman style.