ONE ARM PLANCHE?!

Started by whitemonkey, July 26, 2010 · 6 Replies · 3,668 Views

whitemonkey

this might be on here already,

5sqBkXX__Mw

even though his arm is bent it still makes me sick.

Gregor

It is not realy one arm planche not even bend one arm planche. Body most behorizontal with the floor (on the belly side).

marcoms

I'd call it one arm human flag

Coach Sommer
I'd call it one arm human flag

No, not even that. He is bracing his torso on his bent upper arm.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mikael Kristiansen

From a handbalancing perspective it is not a flag. Proper flag 1 arm handstands bend only at the waist, and you stay on a straight arm totally sideways. He is staying with a straight body which is actually much harder, since you dont get the same support from your core muscles. I would say that it is an attempt at a 1 arm planche. Though not perfect it is very impressive. I am training to do a kind of 1 arm planche myself, and I can say that it is terribly difficult. The mechanics of it is not like a regular planche, since you need to go from a 1 arm handstand. It is more like a combination of a 1 arm flag, and a drop from a 1 arm handstand to elbow lever which is twisted and held.

I have only seen 2 videos of people doing it well; Maxim Ivanov, a russian handbalancer, and one brazilian bboy(who I suspect has atrophied legs)

Maxim Ivanov. Take a look at 2.40 where he twists from a straddle flag. This is the technique I am using.

LoIY_YVox6c

The brazilian guy at 3.04. This is the best I have seen, and it looks unreal. I have seen other clips of him, and it looks like he has very little weight in his legs, but it is very very impressive nontheless.

i_YtX_luBJ8

Razz

Embed videos by taking everything after the = into the youtube brackets. So for your first video that would be

LoIY_YVox6c

highlight that and click youtube.

avivlugt

It looks like Ido's flybaby, but then not resting on your arm anymore.