Biomechanics - Squats and Foot Width/Alignment

Started by kwarny, July 25, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,298 Views

kwarny

I figured this is kind of basic strength. I have a take home lab but instructor is gone due to special olympics. I have a hardtime telling the difference in intensity of each squat (probably from weighted SLS :D ). Using Borg's scale rate each from 1-10 in difficulty (1 easy, 10 hard). Lab says ten reps. but I sure you can tell from 1 rep (otherwise fatigue may be a problem?).

1) Heels 2 inches - Feet anatomical (straight ahead)

External Rotation

Internal Rotation

2) Shoulder width - Anatomical

External Rotation

Internal Rotation

3) Wide (16 inches) - Anatomical

External

Internal

Thanks for those that participate.

Neal Winkler

I'm not sure what you are asking.

kwarny

I am suppose to rate each of the 9 squat variations based on 1-10 for difficulty. I think they are all about a 1-2 (easy) for difficulty. So.. I am having trouble defining how difficult each one is since they are all very easy in my opinion.

Amebix138

Maybe you should define them as easy, a 1-2 in difficulty. But just going by basic biomechanics the narrower the foot placement, the more difficult it should be.