Good article on why you shouldn't eat breakfast
Started by Neal Winkler, July 24, 2010 · 9 Replies · 3,982 Views
That is interesting.
Coincidentally, I don't usually eat breakfast and I'm not over weight.
it made me think for a second but that's about it
I can't function without a good breakfast. If I skip breakfast or eat insufficiently a build up a powerful hunger and become very irritable
This reminds me of an article I read about drinking less water. it made me think for a minute but ultimately i still drink lots of water.
yuri said:it made me think for a second but that's about itI can't function without a good breakfast. If I skip breakfast or eat insufficiently a build up a powerful hunger and become very irritable
This reminds me of an article I read about drinking less water. it made me think for a minute but ultimately i still drink lots of water.
Agreed. When I'm not working nights I have to be at work at 6AM and if I don't eat before then I can't eat again until 9 or 10 and then I am most definitely gonna be grumpy ![]()
I read a Poliquin article a little while ago about the meat and nut breakfast and so far that has really paid off. Sometimes I might have some eggs, but as long as its a bit of protein + fat I'm set until my next meal.
Yes, Poliquin's meat & nuts breakfast. I'm implementing that right now and I like it (either meat & nuts, or eggs and nuts, or fish and nuts). Good stuff!
Sheesh, this stuff is so confusing. If I'm not supposed to eat breakfast exactly when during the day am I supposed to eat my Capn Crunch??? And what time is ok for my coffee and donuts? (ok, it's usually just one donut, but still...)
The Hansenator said:That is interesting.Coincidentally, I don't usually eat breakfast and I'm not over weight.
Bravo, sir. Neither do I eat breakfast.
To all doubters,
Not every protocol is appropriate for all people. However, don't judge it unless you have given an honest attempt to adapt to a new eating pattern. The body desires food at its habitual eating times and most people that take the time to adapt to eating later in the day will find that they no longer become hungry in the morning (such as me).
For starters, Martin Berkhan recommends that women build up to 14 hours of fasting, and men 16 hours. For most, this will be perfectly sufficient, but some people like to fast up to 24 hours.
These times include sleeping hours. For example, if you last meal is at 8:00pm then you would end your 16 hour fast at 12:00pm the next day. Such a schedule would have you eating between 12:00pm and 8:00pm each day.
well recently I have been eating my breakfast usually at least an hour after Ive been getting up at about 10am. Eggs, toast, nuts, chicken, fruit. It seems to be working for me in terms of energy levels etc far better than cereal and milk as soon as I got up (thats pretty much how i grew up for 18 years), so for now I don't think im going to change that.
toasty said:well recently I have been eating my breakfast usually at least an hour after Ive been getting up at about 10am. Eggs, toast, nuts, chicken, fruit. It seems to be working for me in terms of energy levels etc far better than cereal and milk as soon as I got up (thats pretty much how i grew up for 18 years), so for now I don't think im going to change that.[/quoteThat pretty much what the article is saying to do. I'd call it a delayed breakfast rather than no breakfast. I bet that is what most people do naturally anyway and least on the weekends when there is more time.