Is there any difference in how a standing full twist should be executed compared to doing twists from a tumble?
Shawn Johnson's Standing Fulls:
3cEx1PJ5h_8
A quad full from a tumble:
5jLREmPgsPQ
1) What I notice is that in the standing full the arms don't come all the way into the chest like in a tumble. Is there just no time for that?
2) Also, it seems there's more bend at the obliques in the standing full than in a tumble. I'm thinking that bending at the side helps generate momentum for the twist, which is unnecessary from a tumble since there's already momentum working for it.
3) I notice some people do standing fulls very tucked, other more piked, which is better?
4) I notice some people do standing fulls with their arms more off to the side while others, like Shawn Johnson, keep theri arms more in front of them, which is better?