Paul Hamm Announces Comeback!

Started by Coach Sommer, July 21, 2010 · 15 Replies · 4,313 Views

Coach Sommer

Paul Hamm has announced his return and has been training in preparation for the 2012 Olympics for some months now. He looks very good in his training clip below; especially when you take into account that there are still 24 months until the 2012 games.

http://www.makingtheolympics.com/videos ... eback.html

Additional information on Paul's comeback is available here.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

AlexX

Great video.

Is it me or does he seem out of shape? Clearly he isn't, as can be seen by the video but it looks as though he lost some muscle mass from the time he was in the Olympics.

Coach Sommer
AlexX said:
Is it me or does he seem out of shape? Clearly he isn't, as can be seen by the video but it looks as though he lost some muscle mass from the time he was in the Olympics.

Of course he has lost muscle mass. He has only begun training again in the last few months. In fact for Paul to attempt to immediately regain his former level of strength would be a sure path to injury.

Last time, Paul failed to allow himself enough time for his body to re-adapt to the rigors of high level training. This time he has been quite wise in beginning his preparation well over 24 months in advance.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

phken4343

I was so excited to hear the news yesterday! Hopefully he will be able to compete in the 2012 olympics!

Jeff Sutherland
Coach Sommer said:
Last time, Paul failed to allow himself enough time for his body to re-adapt to the rigors of high level training. This time he has been quite wise in beginning his preparation well over 24 months in advance.

I'm curious about this? I thought he did a good job getting himself ready last time with 18 months - starting Feb 2007, only competing a couple events at the 2007 Visa's etc... he was looking pretty solid by Winter Cup in 2008, what do you feel was lacking?

I really like his gymnastics and am glad to see him make a return. The air flair is in the code of points - #106, but no name to it. I hope it can still be called the Hamm.

phken4343

Btw, Paul's twin brother Morgan is the one that mastered the airflare, but I think Paul might eventually put it into his routine (based on a video I've seen)

Steen Millinder

AWSOME to see gymnasts doing air flairs!! all props to Paul!!! the air flair has been a part of breakdance since around year 1998, in break dance it's sometimes called an airtrack, also done with legs L position, lotus and other variants, like on the elbows and one hand.

8 years ago I could do it from flairs and directly and on the elbows, but i never mastered multiple air flairs(I always had to do it into windmills or some other thing) before my injuries forced me to stop(still pains my hart coz I'm a natural born monkey boy ;) hope following WOD's can build me strong enough to return on a recreational level).

Soon maybe the olympic floor might look a bit like this :twisted: :

or maybe not :wink:

Kyle Courville

About how many years of training would it take to do the same exact floor routine he did in the video? It really blew my mind.

Razz

SWEET! Looking forward to see how he does

phken4343

How do you find his videos? I tried searching for the videos via the homepage, but I can't find it. :/

AlexX

Not that I am knowledgeable on gymnastic technique, but his moves seem smoother in the new video than the original.

Sternford

Kinda sounds like his room was filled with helium. Are air flares recognized yet?

avivlugt

Hmm to bad there isn't an imbedd code.

Newguy
phken4343 said:
How do you find his videos? I tried searching for the videos via the homepage, but I can't find it. :/

I second this, how are you guys finding these videos, I literally watched every single video on the Video calender (Very sweet videos 8) ) But Neither of the 2 posted here were there, and I can't find them any other way on the site! How did you guys fid these videos??? Thanks

Felipe

did someone find a way to follow hamm new videos?