Strength sampler

Started by Nic Scheelings, July 19, 2010 · 24 Replies · 6,546 Views

Nic Scheelings

A little strength sampler I put together. I hope u guys like it.

T90_lojeUk8

Brendan Coad

Awesome control! How long have you been training?

Nic Scheelings

thanks man,

About two and a half years or so

gymgreg

Thanks for posting this.ImPRESSive.

Your transitions and holds look rock solid. Very motivational.

David Picó García

Where is the strength?

Just kidding :P . This is awesome :shock:

Your strength gains are really inspirational and impressive.

I liked a lot the backward roll to support and the transition to back lever... well and the planches and the presses to handstand and....

Alvaro

I hope you didn´t begin as a couch potato!?!?. If you did now I´m done :lol:

Cole Dano

Great Stuff!!!!! :mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman

Killer stuff man! I love the backwards roll and the slow descent from a bent-arm maltese to the BL!

Dean Brown

Very nice. This is motivating to me as I continue to be a beginner that has been working on the basic strength positions for about three months.

ilove2workout28

Amazing. Question though demus, from 1:18-1:38, the handstand pushups, how do you perform them WITHOUT your legs falling down? I'm having trouble doing them the way you are. Is it lower back strength, or is it something else? Thanks

Daniel

Hassan14a

Very very cool :). Nice going.

A question. The muscle mass you have, was that gained doing gymnastics or where you doing regular fitness prior to gymnastics?

Rafael David
Hassan14a said:
Very very cool :). Nice going.

A question. The muscle mass you have, was that gained doing gymnastics or where you doing regular fitness prior to gymnastics?

my scouter says Demus is a Super Saiyan, it must be the reason why he has this muscle mass. hahahahaha

DarrenG

Wow, this is awesome!

I'm also wondering if Demus currently does a lot of weight lifting. I'd love to get an idea of how he's training.

drrice

how old are you?

Spartan300

Just got the email from the coach today and i've just watched your video. I have to say it's outstanding Demus. I hope to try and build up to something like your strength level some day.

An awesomely inspiring video, well done man. :D

robbymor

awesome, outstanding, amazing

please tell more about your training program.

Nic Scheelings

Thanks heaps to everyone for the positive feedback.

To answer some questions. I'm 24, used to lift weights before swapping to gymnastics and now I almost never touch weights except for weighted pistols and once in a blue moon I might do a few cleans or snatch or something. Other than that 99% of my training comes from gym bodies. I normally go to an adult gym class 3 times a week and train by myself as well so normally have one or two days off a week.

DarrenG

Demus,

You're a great example of what is possible with this stuff.

What is your height/weight?

Thanks

Nic Scheelings

Thanks a lot.

About 176-177cm, 80 kg.

Neal Winkler

But how much did you weight before starting gymnastics?

AlexX

Very nice, with a substantial muscle mass to boot.

Foghorn

Demus

The strength and the skills are absolutely awesome. Very, very impressive.

Equally impressive is finding a set of rugby league/union posts to hang your rings on in Melbourne!!! I'm a New South Welshman domiciled in Brisbane and understand the AFL mania in Melbourne - this effort is very impressive.

Sorry for the Australian cultural refernce everyone but it is akin to finding a T-bone steak in a vegetarian restaurant.

Cheers

Saber2

The skills are AMAZING!!!! very nice work!!! Keep it up.

realize50

Congrats Demus,

Very nice sample of strength, skills and a level of quality fitness that I aspire to at 51.

It all started for me, just learning the kneeling roll out at 50 with homemade wheels, after getting that I then started the

full standing roll out( still progressing on that).

I then saw fellows like you, all ages ( on you tube etc) and ring exersices, then that led to dips, chins now while L- sitting position, then into front tucks, and

back levers.

You give anyone hope that if they continue to train , they will improve. I know, from the simple roll out it is possible.

Thanks

Robert

Razz

Damn, amazing!