This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100719

Started by Coach Sommer, July 19, 2010 · 9 Replies · 1,732 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 313 for the FBE elements.

6) For the muscle-ups, this equates to a 3 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent. The required tempo includes your work through the transition. Be sure to choose a muscle-up variation that allows the tempo to be correctly maintained.

7) Add weight as necessary to the HLL & HeS RLL to make them challenging for 5 repetitions at the required tempo.

8 ) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

9) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Kenneth Manning

Just want to be sure - the tempo for the MUs is 3 seconds from hang-->transition -->press to top-->pause 1 second-->3 seconds from top down to hang?

Guest

My first WOD! Scaled down significantly to:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 tempo jumping MU

1 Embedded tuck BL + 5 tempo HeS RLL (not weighted although I will add some next time)

1 Embedded tuck FL + 5 tempo half HLL

10 Bridge Wall Walks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

As I am not able yet to perform any CPP other than the jumping MU that I used for the workout itself, I substituted the 'easier CPP variations' from the warmup with a number of pushups and pullups.

Coach Sommer
biomieg said:
I am not able yet to perform any CPP other than the jumping MU

Jumping MU are fine, just try to control the descent as best you can.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Troy Rodriguez

If I can do 10+ pull-ups and dips but 0 MU. Should I work the dips that train the elbow transition (can't remember the name but watched Slizz video on them tons of times.)? Or should I work the "Feet against wall" MU that was in a recent post. Or something else entirely?

Kenneth Manning

A) XR L sit (legs slightly below parallel) x 15 sec (3 sets) + 5 MUs (5-10 sec between MUs)

B) BL x 10 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec (apparently biceps were wiped out at first after MUs) + straddle HeSRLL x 5,5,5

C) advanced tuck FL x 15, 15, 15 + HLL x 5,5,5

10 bridge wall walks. First time I got all ten head to floor. Solid workout. Next time multiple MUs are prescribed I'm going to try to put together consecutive reps without letting go of the rings.

Neal Winkler

I felt pretty solid today.

L-sit was rings turned out and elbows straight, and I'm pretty sure that I was parallel or slightly above.

HeRLL + 10lbs. on ankles

Pretty sure I had locked out knees on the HLL.

Alvaro

3x:

-XR Lsit 15 seg.(legs 60-70deg but support more solid!), 5 false grip pull ups+ 5 XR box supported Dips( the second and third round were more dificult with the pull ups and had to finish negative ones, at least they were false grip which is getting more solid too)

-15 sec BL (tuck), 5 RLL (more or less :( I don´t feel very strong with this one, I loose control and fall , next time I´ll try with less ROM and improve it from there).

-15 sec FL (tuck felt more solid too), 5 HLL (no weight but almost 90 degrees, you are tired when you reach HLL!).

10 bridge walks, more solid also divided in 4, 4, 2 with little rest.

This WOD seems simple and easy but is killer! :shock:

Joshua Naterman
taenkarth said:
If I can do 10+ pull-ups and dips but 0 MU. Should I work the dips that train the elbow transition (can't remember the name but watched Slizz video on them tons of times.)? Or should I work the "Feet against wall" MU that was in a recent post. Or something else entirely?

For those who have plenty of dip and pull up strength but are still working on their muscle up transition, here's my video of my WOD. Be gentle, I've had a 2+ month layoff so I'm starting back slow.

The first part of the video shows both an easy way to do FX L-sit for people like me with ground clearance issues and an intermediate muscle up exercise, which I refer to as leaning muscle ups. You'll see why.

gSLaxSkZmbA

Troy Rodriguez

Thanks for the nice video. I am going to try those modified "almost MU" tonight and see where i get. I believe that I just need to work the transition more and this is a nice way to develop the coordination.