Online Nutrition Seminar: Mat Lalonde

Started by Jay Guindon, July 16, 2010 · 16 Replies · 7,283 Views

Jay Guindon

For anyone who is interested, this is a seminar by organic chemist Mat Lalonde on the paleo diet, or more accurately a diet that closely resembles the paleo diet. Mat has done his homework and has tonnes of studies to support all the claims he makes in the seminar. It is highly scientific. You also get to keep all the slides so you can have all the studies he uses to make his case. I watched it and felt it was definitely worht my fifty bucks. Here is a trailer if you want to see a small excerpt.

http://podiumlive.com/crossfit/index.ph ... icle&id=16

Joshua Naterman

Sweet! Great post!

Razz

Going to buy this, will report when watched!

Guest

Looking forward to your review, Razz. I'm thinking of getting it as well.

Razz

How the heck do I access this? I paid but seems like I need a username and password, how do I get that?

Razz

Nevermind, got an email reply and I'm now registered. No better way to celebrate my hopefully successful anatomy and physiology exam?! :D

Razz

Ok so this is HIGHLY recommended!! Guess what guys, Omega 3s are also inflammatory!

Cole Dano

Hey what kind of tease is that!

More info please!

Razz

Yeaah I thought that should tease people enough to be real interested :P Well basically he says that both omega 3s and 6s are pro inflammatory, but omega 3s are much less inflammatory. Therefore he recommends instead of the high dose fish oil for sick people, to eliminate the amount of omega 6s instead.

Cole Dano

I've personally had so many benefits from fish oil that if that's true, i'm going to keep taking it. (but i don't really believe it)

Razz

Yeah but if that benefit came from altering the n6-n3 ratio, then an even better way of altering that ratio may be by decreasing n6 consumption. Sounds like a valid hypothesis to me at least. Certainly a cheaper solution too.

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
Ok so this is HIGHLY recommended!! Guess what guys, Omega 3s are also inflammatory!

Interesting. I wonder why they are considered anti-inflammatory. I always wondered about this since apparently all polyunsaturated fats are inflammatory, so it was strange to me that omega 3 was not. Any more detail on this one?

Razz

Well they're just less inflammatory than the other PUFA which is why people consider them anti-inflammatory. Not so much more detail that I can share without having to copy/paste slides from the seminar which I'd rather not do. No offense I'm sure you understand :) It is well worth the money in my opinion though, Mat seems to reeeeeeeeeeeeally know his stuff.

Mehmet Yuce

Razz,

How does this work? A 7 day streaming license means you won't have access to it after a week?

Razz

yeah I think so, unfortunately. You get to keep the slides though, which have plenty of information.

Mehmet Yuce

I thought so. Thanks for confirming.

Cole Dano

Man that kinda gets me. Its a fair amount of money to lay down, find the time to watch etc....

I'm having a tough time with this one, i'd really want to hear some other respected folks agree with this claim on the fish oil. Its just too fringe for me, and then those terms, raises flags for me, sorry.