Handstand training devices

Started by gymgreg, July 12, 2010 · 4 Replies · 4,769 Views

gymgreg

I found these pics on gymnasticscoaching.com (for which I now get a malware warning, so visit on your own risk).

Has anyone here used those?

4759802183_cdc282a1b8.jpg

4760436362_bd2261972b.jpg

*edit:found a video

PZC2eQ3ovWI

In the blog post they said:

Both are intended to simulate (somewhat) a handstand on Rings.

The first unit is home made. The round parallettes are commercially available. Coach Jim Rand bought them at the WOGA Men’s competition last year.

John Sapinoso

yeah. just do them on the real rings though if possible.

Ryan Libke

I couldn't see a non-gym owner needing these. The rings are as much as one needs at home.

griffdrc

because the piviot point is different, i think it feels much different than the rings... fun to play on but didn't help my ring handstand much...

gymgreg
griffdrc said:
because the piviot point is different, i think it feels much different than the rings... fun to play on but didn't help my ring handstand much...

That's exactly what I thought.

Found a video of them in use. Looks pretty challenging.

PZC2eQ3ovWI