This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100708

Started by Coach Sommer, July 8, 2010 · 7 Replies · 1,797 Views

Coach Sommer

IwJ80DDIeNE

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Elevated XR Row

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR PPP

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 412 for the basic strength sets. This equates to a 4 second descent, followed by a 1 second pause at the bottom, then a 2 second ascent.

6) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Saber2

This was a fantastic workout. I am sweating like crazy but I also think that is due somewhat to the humidity. Did the workout as mentioned with my statics for the BL and FL being in the adv tuck position. Looking back in hindsight I think I should have scaled the XR Elevated Rows to just FL Tuck Rows. Then again maintaining tempo did put a nice burn in the arms. I know it should be the back but for some reason I always feel the rows in my arms over my back. I have just come to accept that. Anyway I was thrilled with the Bridge walks, I almost can reach the floor!!!! Before I could only go half way comfortably, so thats an improvement. The Body levers seem to be getting slightly lower than before and thats good too. Overall I am proud of the progress today. This was just an enjoyable workout that hit the whole upper body for me.

I started doing the FL on the rings rather than the pullup bar and I am finiding it a lot tougher. I felt I could go to a more advance hold on the bar than I can on the rings, but since rings are my end goal I figure I should be doing a lot of excercises on those rather than the bar.

Alvaro

Today was hard but achievable I did this:

-3 sets of BL(tuck), and then 5 tempo elevated row

-3 sets of XR L sit (every time a a bit more solid), then 5 tempo XR push ups, the last two reps I did the negative part normal but to push up again I had to go to my knees. More solid also than last time.

-3 sets of FL (tuck), then body levers flat tuck.

10 bridge walks divided in 3 sets resting 30 secs. I feel much more solid with this one as I now keep more weight over my feet so I can go down faster and come up faster too. :D

Josh Schmitter

This was a also good one for me for the most part.

Did 3 sets of all

BL tuck 15s on pullup bar so I didn't have to keep switching the ring height back and forth, 5 tempo XR rows with feet closer to the rings/body more vertical

XR Lsit 15s legs slightly below parallel, arms locked. 5 tempo regular old ground pushups(this is the perfect level for me as on the 3rd set I was almost out)

FL tuck 15s(saber2, it's funny you say that 'cause it's just the opposite with me, the rings seem easier), and finally body levers...this is where I had a lot of trouble as I have never really done them before. I could barely get 1/4-1/3 of the way down and had a few questions. 1)is it easier if you are elevated and gripping something farther below like in the video? (I just stacked up some puzzle mats and used a pole in my basement, but I was only about 6in. max from the floor). and 2) Would it be beneficial at all to do a legs bent/flat tuck-like version of this until range of motion increases? If not, what would be a good scaled down sub? I felt this intensely in my triceps, shoulders, and upper back(in order of intensity)...almost nothing in my abs. Maybe I just need to get more used to the position, but it was not comfortable.

I don't know if the body levers are what killed me, but I struggled to do 10 halfway down the wall bridges. I am flexible enough to go to the floor, but my arms and back were burning toast so I had to rock 1/2's...even then I had to take a short break after 5 before finishing.

omegant said:

10 bridge walks divided in 3 sets resting 30 secs. I feel much more solid with this one as I now keep more weight over my feet so I can go down faster and come up faster too. :D

This sounds like what I should have done:) Thanks for the insight

Blairbob
Would it be beneficial at all to do a legs bent/flat tuck-like version of this until range of motion increases?

Yes, that would be mo' bettah.

Generally I hold the base of a balance beam near the bottom. Typically around head height.

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

3 sets of each

BL (all 3 were pretty good, though I dropped at 14 seconds on last BL, biceps just quit on me) + feet elevated XR row x 5 (had feet on box level with rings)

XR L-sit (arms solid, legs decent, dropped below parallel a bit here and there) + XR PPP x 5 (latter 2 sets better, took a few reps to get into the grove of keeping the rings turned out close to my hips - had some issues with the rings drifting forward on the first set)

advanced tuck FL row + straddle body levers x 5 (used phone to record last set, body was straight, but need to get a little more depth [6 more inches would have been very good reps])

Bridge wall walks felt much better, actually got my head to the ground on the last few reps.

was a tough one today, but this one felt great.

robotstrong

Very rigorous workout. Total upper body blast. Did each 3 times with 30 seconds rest between FSP and FBE and 2 minutes rest between supersets:

15 sec Adv Tuck BL. 5 Adv Tuck FL Rows on the rings. Biceps were roasted after these.

15 sec XR L-Sit. Surprised I was able to do all of these with really good form after doing 2 X 30 second PB L-Sits in warmup. 5 XR PPPu. The tempo absolutely fried my pecs.

15 sec Adv Tuck FL. Last set went into a tuck as my lats were toasted at this point. 5 Body Levers lowering to 45 degrees without pike. My lower back is feeling it. My abs are also starting to pop out like bricks.

from 3 feet out did the wall walks only halfway down the wall. These were tough after all that work. Overall, excellent ensemble of exercises.

Richard Duelley

Did as prescribed: Adv tuck for both FL and BL, this was the first time I got through all sets of XR PPP and those made me WORK! The body levers also rock my socks! :mrgreen: