This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE7 Wall Handstand

Started by Oliver Croft, July 26, 2025 · 16 Replies · 76 Views

Oliver Croft

This is my wall handstand. I know it needs a lot of work. What do you think?

 

Oliver Croft

(I meant to post this in the form checks group!)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Oliver, well i think that you are very gifted in terms of bodyline, it still requries correction. if you look the ophoto below you must stay with writs, shoulder and hips in the orange line...at the moment the body segment alignment is not correct.

image.png

Oliver Croft

Thanks for making me the drawing Alessandro, that's really useful to look at, maybe I can copy the straight line...I'll work on it.

Oliver Croft

Do I need to go wrists closer to the wall?

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/26/2025 at 5:20 PM, Oliver Croft said:

Do I need to go wrists closer to the wall?

no, in this variation all the body from shoulder to hips should me a away from the wall.

Oliver Croft

In this one I'm trying for more wrist extension to get my forearms vertical, but I couldn't open my shoulders fully...

 

Will keep trying...

Oliver Croft

And some more work on the line.

 

Oliver Croft

I think at 15 seconds I have an improved alignment...

 

Oliver Croft

And some more practice, I think this video is an improvement...

 

Alessandro Mainente

Probably because you are used to lean/fall on the wall in order to open the shoulder. probably doing a tuck variation with knees on box can be helpful to reduce the intensity and understand what you have to do...something like this (notice that knees shoulde placed a bit higher, at hips level):

image.png

 

Oliver Croft

First try. I think the height is about right...

 

Alessandro Mainente

As you can see your “angles “ are properly opened…it is more a “confidence” problem.

Oliver Croft

More practice...

 

Alessandro Mainente

Do not Lean on the wall. Shoulders over the wrists.

Oliver Croft

Trying to keep my shoulders over my hands as you instruct. This is not great but its the best I did today... I managed to get my back angle straight but I couldn't fully flex without leaning toward the wall and losing my straight back. I think around 26 sec mark is the best I did...

 

Oliver Croft

I went back to the box support and then tried to keep my alignment while pushing my legs up to a regular wall handstand. How did I do?