This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to go about Jefferson Curls in Straddle Ups iM?

Started by Miquel Malet Casas, April 21, 2025 · 3 Replies · 28 Views

Miquel Malet Casas

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I'm curious to know how we should approach adding weight to the JCs once we get to the Straddle Ups element of the Manna progressions. I recall that coach Sommer mentioned in some podcast interviews that he's instructed people to start with 1 kg. 

Is there some principle we should follow around deciding upon one weight or another?

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I'm curious to know how we should approach adding weight to the JCs once we get to the Straddle Ups element of the Manna progressions. I recall that coach Sommer mentioned in some podcast interviews that he's instructed people to start with 1 kg. 

Is there some principle we should follow around deciding upon one weight or another?

Thanks in advance.

All the progression in order to be effective requires overload. SAid that, the overload is usually a % of 1rm BUT since i canno suggest you to try the 1RM with JC because I suppose you are a beginner if you are the beginning of the manna progression, making a 1rm test is counterproductive first because you are not adapted in the joint and second becuase your brain is not used to high intensity cycle. for this reason the suggestion to add 1 kg each time slowly is the best conservative option.

Miquel Malet Casas
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

All the progression in order to be effective requires overload. SAid that, the overload is usually a % of 1rm BUT since i canno suggest you to try the 1RM with JC because I suppose you are a beginner if you are the beginning of the manna progression, making a 1rm test is counterproductive first because you are not adapted in the joint and second becuase your brain is not used to high intensity cycle. for this reason the suggestion to add 1 kg each time slowly is the best conservative option.

 

So let's say I start with 1 kg on the Jefferson curls in my first session of straddle ups. Should I already do it with 2 kgs in the second session?

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

 

So let's say I start with 1 kg on the Jefferson curls in my first session of straddle ups. Should I already do it with 2 kgs in the second session?

Probably i would add 1 kg each week.