This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PHS pe11

Started by Reilly Herbst, April 14, 2025 · 24 Replies · 144 Views

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

how does my form look?

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

how does my form look?

very nice, remember that the longer you can hold the same level of compression the easier is the exercise.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

 

Do you have any accessory exercises you recommend to improve my compression/pancake? 

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Just making sure you see this

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/28/2025 at 11:09 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Just making sure you see this

Standing pike, bend a bit your knees. Reach top compression. Slowly extend actively the knees. Hold for 2-3 min.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?

not bad....i think that the limitaing factor is the straddle L where you lose some of the good compression of the inverted pancake.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How can I improve this? Im not on the straddle L progressions yet in the foundation course, is there any accessory work I should do? 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/14/2025 at 4:00 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How can I improve this? Im not on the straddle L progressions yet in the foundation course, is there any accessory work I should do? 

yes, seated straddle Leg lift...put the elbows on floor, if you cannot do this use books under the elbows. leaves the forarms from the book/floor so that you cannot compensate.

improve pancakes with different legs positioning: 90°- 120-130° and in almost full split.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Thank you! How many days a week do you recommend I do this? And how many sets and reps?

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Thank you! How many days a week do you recommend I do this? And how many sets and reps?

i would stay fro 2 times a week, different rep ranges. one time 2-3 sets 12-15r. one day 2-3 set 8-12.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

This is a very humbling exercises 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

This is a very humbling exercises 

Slow it down, 2011  tempo means 2'' eccentrich, 1'' concentrich, 1'' top hold

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Does this tempo look better.

Alessandro Mainente

wonderful!

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How is my form looking? The extra compression drills are starting to pay off.

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/2/2025 at 5:37 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How is my form looking? The extra compression drills are starting to pay off.

very nice. once reached the starting compression you must hold it all the time..

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Hopefully this improves more once I get into the straddle l progressions in the manna section

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Hopefully this improves more once I get into the straddle l progressions in the manna section

yes...meanwhile striv to improve the passive range of motion of the pancake as soon as possible...

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How does my pancake look? Its starting to improve, any drills I should add to improve this?

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How does my pancake look? Its starting to improve, any drills I should add to improve this?

have you ever tried to work with a bit of bent knees?

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

no I haven’t, I will give it a try!

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Is this what you were looking for?

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Is this what you were looking for?

 

yes probably you are particulary tight on the posterior hips capsule is useful. use the variation below:

- knee angle 90°

- heels in front of the sagittal plain

-arch lower back. and lean into the heel

-enjoy for 2-3 minutes

image.png

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

awesome!!!!!! I will work on this. Is your bottom knee on the ground or hovering off the ground?