This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Intermediate One - Completion

Started by Schuyler Lofberg, April 8, 2025 · 1 Replies · 26 Views

Schuyler Lofberg

Hello!

I took the placement quiz, was slotted into intermediate one and have been having a great time approaching it using steady state, ie I am in NO rush.  That said I have two questions; 

1) Is steady state the ideal way to move through these movements ex. 12 weeks at A2-Hollow Back Press Step 2/9 before progressing to A2-Hollow Back Press Step 3/9 for another 12 weeks?  Or should I be more focused on ensuring I have perfect form at any step (regardless of weeks spent) and then promptly move on?  Any help on how to think about this would be appreciated.

2) I am very goal oriented.  The way the content is laid out it is unclear to me "where I am going."  For Intermediate One, are the final movements that I should be able to accomplish in the title of the video "cell."  Therefore for this level I should be able to accomplish the following at the end of Intermediate One (given my mobility allows it)?

  • Hollow Back Press
  • Rope Climb
  • Straddle Planche
  • Front Lever
  • Side Lever
  • Manna
  • Single Leg Squat

Thank you!  Love the program design and the emphasis on strength AND mobility.  The above questions are with the intent to get the most out of it!

Alessandro Mainente
4 minutes ago, Schuyler Lofberg said:

Hello!

I took the placement quiz, was slotted into intermediate one and have been having a great time approaching it using steady state, ie I am in NO rush.  That said I have two questions; 

1) Is steady state the ideal way to move through these movements ex. 12 weeks at A2-Hollow Back Press Step 2/9 before progressing to A2-Hollow Back Press Step 3/9 for another 12 weeks?  Or should I be more focused on ensuring I have perfect form at any step (regardless of weeks spent) and then promptly move on?  Any help on how to think about this would be appreciated.

2) I am very goal oriented.  The way the content is laid out it is unclear to me "where I am going."  For Intermediate One, are the final movements that I should be able to accomplish in the title of the video "cell."  Therefore for this level I should be able to accomplish the following at the end of Intermediate One (given my mobility allows it)?

  • Hollow Back Press
  • Rope Climb
  • Straddle Planche
  • Front Lever
  • Side Lever
  • Manna
  • Single Leg Squat

Thank you!  Love the program design and the emphasis on strength AND mobility.  The above questions are with the intent to get the most out of it!

Hu Shuyler... i'm gonna answer here closer to the question:

 

1) Is steady state the ideal way to move through these movements ex. 12 weeks at A2-Hollow Back Press Step 2/9 before progressing to A2-Hollow Back Press Step 3/9 for another 12 weeks?  Or should I be more focused on ensuring I have perfect form at any step (regardless of weeks spent) and then promptly move on?  Any help on how to think about this would be appreciated. well yes. i think that if you begin with a easier variation where you can control the movement, then a slow progression it is enough. SSC is more suited for movement that require more joint conditioning.

2) I am very goal oriented.  The way the content is laid out it is unclear to me "where I am going."  For Intermediate One, are the final movements that I should be able to accomplish in the title of the video "cell."  Therefore for this level I should be able to accomplish the following at the end of Intermediate One (given my mobility allows it)? beginner - intermediate and so on are a sort of placement into a bit journey that in the beginning was named "foundations". you will reach the movement below at the end of foundations 4. for example at the end of intermediate 2 you will be placed to the handstand pushup progression...that now are in advanced one...at the end of advanced 2 you will be able to do hollowbackpress.