Hi was wondering what movement I should work on to be able to do a proper front pull, I hear I might need to work on my lower back. Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Front pull
Started by Levi Strong Sheldon, March 24, 2025 · 3 Replies · 25 Views
7 hours ago, Levi Strong Sheldon said:Hi was wondering what movement I should work on to be able to do a proper front pull, I hear I might need to work on my lower back. Thanks.
Hi Levi, if you mean a front pull (front lever variation) it is only shoulder extension work so basically front lever progression and similar movement. lower back has nothing to do with shoulder extension. DO not know where you hear that lower back is important....well it is not. probably some people on the web should study better the bio-mechanic and functional anatomy.
Thank you for your reply, when ever I try to pull from standing to vertical upside down I start to pike. Having a hard time staying straight. However I’m able to be straight when just doing a static front lever hold.. hmm
13 hours ago, Levi Strong Sheldon said:Thank you for your reply, when ever I try to pull from standing to vertical upside down I start to pike. Having a hard time staying straight. However I’m able to be straight when just doing a static front lever hold.. hmm
because starting from an hang position requires much more strength compared to only the isometric position. the first one infact requires you to combine concentric movement + isometric position at the top. the biggest part of the strength is devoted to the first part of movement.