This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting out - a few questions

Started by J e laycock, March 6, 2025 · 3 Replies · 36 Views

J e laycock

Hi all

Just purchased the program and starting soon

The test suggested I start Intermediate 1 but I'm going to go through the beginner series first to ensure my base is solid

My ultimate goal is to become healthy, capable, strong and resilient

Questions

1. Where in the program is jefferson curl covered?

2. Does the program (and gymnastics/calisthenics in general) hit the posterior chain hard enough, or are people supplementing?

3. Are people doing a minimal weights program alongside?

4. I'd eventually also like to hit 2x BW deadlift. I was going to wait a couple of years though until I master my bodyweight work to start with this. Or can I do a minimal program alongside?

Thanks 

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, J e laycock said:

Hi all

Just purchased the program and starting soon

The test suggested I start Intermediate 1 but I'm going to go through the beginner series first to ensure my base is solid

My ultimate goal is to become healthy, capable, strong and resilient

Questions

1. Where in the program is jefferson curl covered?

2. Does the program (and gymnastics/calisthenics in general) hit the posterior chain hard enough, or are people supplementing?

3. Are people doing a minimal weights program alongside?

4. I'd eventually also like to hit 2x BW deadlift. I was going to wait a couple of years though until I master my bodyweight work to start with this. Or can I do a minimal program alongside?

Thanks 

 

hey J...follow my suggestions:

1. Where in the program is jefferson curl covered? when you begin the intermediate one...

2. Does the program (and gymnastics/calisthenics in general) hit the posterior chain hard enough, or are people supplementing? well once you move on foundation 4...you have weigthed lunges..but you have a lot of hyperextension work before

3. Are people doing a minimal weights program alongside? at this stage i suggest iy specifically where you lack of musles mass. but in generala the program does not suggest something specific.

4. I'd eventually also like to hit 2x BW deadlift. I was going to wait a couple of years though until I master my bodyweight work to start with this. Or can I do a minimal program alongside? it depends on your level. deadlift has it's own "path".

J e laycock

Thank you

 

Where in intermediate 1 program is jefferson curl? I can't see it

 

And where can I find the deadlift path?

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
17 minutes ago, J e laycock said:

Thank you

 

Where in intermediate 1 program is jefferson curl? I can't see it

 

And where can I find the deadlift path?

 

Thanks!

The jefferson curl is an integrated mobility exercise for the manna (core) exercise. If you want to see where it is located you must access the library course from the top right corner of the screen icon.

The deadlift it is up on you. IT is not a part of GB course/program.