This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check

Started by C Goldsmith, January 21, 2025 · 9 Replies · 32 Views

C Goldsmith

If this isn’t the right place for a form check, please redirect me.  I’ve been doing gymnastic bodies for 3 months and progressed from Beginner to Intermediate 1.  It feels like my Pancake is not getting better and 2.  My ability to do a stiff leg windmill with my left arm is extremely challenging (even with just 3 lbs).  Due to previous frozen shoulder in my left arm, I don’t think I am getting the right rotation/form for the exercise.

 

What exercises should I focus on to improve these?

Uploaded 2 videos so you can see my poor form (it doesn’t seem I can upload the videos).  Appreciate any help!

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, C Goldsmith said:

If this isn’t the right place for a form check, please redirect me.  I’ve been doing gymnastic bodies for 3 months and progressed from Beginner to Intermediate 1.  It feels like my Pancake is not getting better and 2.  My ability to do a stiff leg windmill with my left arm is extremely challenging (even with just 3 lbs).  Due to previous frozen shoulder in my left arm, I don’t think I am getting the right rotation/form for the exercise.

 

What exercises should I focus on to improve these?

Uploaded 2 videos so you can see my poor form (it doesn’t seem I can upload the videos).  Appreciate any help!

Hey Mr Goldsmith, you can use youtube as a streamimg provider and set the video with provacy on unlisted, another option it is to share a link of googledrive.

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, C Goldsmith said:

Thank for the recommendation:  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-bzeYzj3U64EFlSV2pX-IatG6_2zZg1p

Appreciate any recommendations.  Frustrated that I don’t feel like I’m making progress on these two moves.  Thanks, Chris

hey mr. goldsmith,

well here follows my suggestion:

  • the main correction i can give to you for the windmill it is to keep the upper arm vertical all the time BUT i suspect that the frozen shoulder can be a limitation, did you had a proper recovery?
  • for the pancake, your limitation is the rotation at the pelvis so my suggestion it is to use an elevated surface under the hips and focus on passing between anterior pelvic tilt to posterior pelvic tilt and nothing more. plus i suggest a daily stretch of this stretch. simply cross one legs to the other and gently press the knee down, hold for 2-3'. do not lean forward.

image.png

C Goldsmith

Thank for the recommendation:  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-bzeYzj3U64EFlSV2pX-IatG6_2zZg1p

Appreciate any recommendations.  Frustrated that I don’t feel like I’m making progress on these two moves.  Thanks, Chris

 

Thanks, I will begin working on above.  In theory according to my PT, I was able to achieve the same range of motion as my other shoulder.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, C Goldsmith said:

Thank for the recommendation:  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-bzeYzj3U64EFlSV2pX-IatG6_2zZg1p

Appreciate any recommendations.  Frustrated that I don’t feel like I’m making progress on these two moves.  Thanks, Chris

 

Thanks, I will begin working on above.  In theory according to my PT, I was able to achieve the same range of motion as my other shoulder.

ok, did you had a surgery?

C Goldsmith

No surgery.  Had 2 injections and a ton of PT.  With the lens of “average person” they felt my shoulder recovered.

Thank for the recommendation:  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-bzeYzj3U64EFlSV2pX-IatG6_2zZg1p

Appreciate any recommendations.  Frustrated that I don’t feel like I’m making progress on these two moves.  Thanks, Chris

 

Thanks, I will begin working on above.  In theory according to my PT, I was able to achieve the same range of motion as my other shoulder.

Alessandro Mainente
31 minutes ago, C Goldsmith said:

No surgery.  Had 2 injections and a ton of PT.  With the lens of “average person” they felt my shoulder recovered.

Thank for the recommendation:  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-bzeYzj3U64EFlSV2pX-IatG6_2zZg1p

Appreciate any recommendations.  Frustrated that I don’t feel like I’m making progress on these two moves.  Thanks, Chris

 

Thanks, I will begin working on above.  In theory according to my PT, I was able to achieve the same range of motion as my other shoulder.

How is your external rotation now?

C Goldsmith

External rotation is still challenging.  Are there some exercises you recommend?  Thanks, Chris

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, C Goldsmith said:

External rotation is still challenging.  Are there some exercises you recommend?  Thanks, Chris

well probably with a lot bu really a lot i would use a sleeper stretch.