This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL pe13

Started by Reilly Herbst, November 1, 2024 · 20 Replies · 116 Views

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Im struggling with this progression 

I feel like I can’t generate any rock with my abs and I can’t stay tight.

any advice?

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/1/2024 at 11:48 AM, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Im struggling with this progression 

I feel like I can’t generate any rock with my abs and I can’t stay tight.

any advice?

it is ia lack of general body tension between upper and lower....it means that if you move the lower the upper must follows....if you notice you move the legs lower and simply you unflex the hips...it is like to to do that arn body rock and lose general tension...hwo is your spine side flexion range of motion?

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente How can I test my spine side flexion range of motion?

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/2/2024 at 5:29 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente How can I test my spine side flexion range of motion?

the side pancake with one leg folded in the butterfly position...

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

is this what your looking for 

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/9/2024 at 1:48 AM, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

is this what your looking for 

ok....this is the problem....you side flexion is approximately zero.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Hahaha I appreciate the honesty!! How would you recommend I fix this? 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Hahaha I appreciate the honesty!! How would you recommend I fix this? 

probably spend on this more time.....set of 1'30'' static hold...

Reilly Herbst

I will get to working on this 

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

I have been working on this stretch for the past couple months and I still cant seem to perform any proper reps of the side arch body rocks. Is there anything else you would suggest to overcome this plateau?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

I have been working on this stretch for the past couple months and I still cant seem to perform any proper reps of the side arch body rocks. Is there anything else you would suggest to overcome this plateau?

open your folded legs so that you can stretch a bit further. you are very tight on obliques and quadratus lomborum..

Reilly Herbst

Since November I took a step back from this progression and have been remastering SL pe12, trying to increase my range of motion. 

I have also been including 3 sets of 30 seconds of the stretch you recommended to increase rom, twice a week.

And at the end of my core workouts I have been playing around with sl pe13 to see if it has improved

There's still a long way to go, but is there anything else I should add to my routine?

@Alessandro Mainente 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Since November I took a step back from this progression and have been remastering SL pe12, trying to increase my range of motion. 

I have also been including 3 sets of 30 seconds of the stretch you recommended to increase rom, twice a week.

And at the end of my core workouts I have been playing around with sl pe13 to see if it has improved

There's still a long way to go, but is there anything else I should add to my routine?

@Alessandro Mainente 

you sohould try to push the legs lower to the floor more strongly in order to begin the movement.

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Since November I took a step back from this progression and have been remastering SL pe12, trying to increase my range of motion. 

I have also been including 3 sets of 30 seconds of the stretch you recommended to increase rom, twice a week.

And at the end of my core workouts I have been playing around with sl pe13 to see if it has improved

There's still a long way to go, but is there anything else I should add to my routine?

@Alessandro Mainente 

you should try to push the legs lower to the floor more strongly in order to begin the movement.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

does this look any better?

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

does this look any better?

yes definitely, compare this to your very first execution.

Reilly Herbst

I’ll keep improving this!

@Alessandro Mainente

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look? Lot's of improvement since the last video. 

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look? Lot's of improvement since the last video. 

yes my friend definitely!

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

testing for mastery

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

testing for mastery

nicely done....definition of perseverance