This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Checks: PE 1,2 and 5

Started by Manuel Zapata, October 3, 2024 · 14 Replies · 76 Views

Manuel Zapata

Hey GB crew,

Can you check my form on the following mobility exercises.

I omitted 3 and 4 because they're like 1 and 2 but holding.

Also, I'd appreciate any suggstions in how to improve. I've personally seen shoulder extension improve by practicing it, but my shoulder flexion has been "stuck" any time I've worked on it in any way.

PE 1 

 

PE 2 

PE 3

I appreciate all feedback and direction. Thank you.

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Manuel Zapata said:

Hey GB crew,

Can you check my form on the following mobility exercises.

I omitted 3 and 4 because they're like 1 and 2 but holding.

Also, I'd appreciate any suggstions in how to improve. I've personally seen shoulder extension improve by practicing it, but my shoulder flexion has been "stuck" any time I've worked on it in any way.

PE 1 

 

PE 2 

PE 3

I appreciate all feedback and direction. Thank you.

 

 

 

 

Hi Manuel, one piece at time...focus on seated shoulder flexion first (you need to increase the range of motion), master it, then move on...

Manuel Zapata

Understood. 

Any advice on how to increase the range of motion?

I feel like I just sit there, raise my arms but don’t know how to actually perform the stretch

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Manuel Zapata said:

Understood. 

Any advice on how to increase the range of motion?

I feel like I just sit there, raise my arms but don’t know how to actually perform the stretch

Well it is not a stretch , it is active mobility that means "develo the shoulder flexion range of motion by squeezeing the traps. in the same time the lats will be stretched".

Manuel Zapata

Got it. It's not a stretch.

But my range of motion isn't where it needs to be yet.

What do I do to increase it besides just attempting to do it and falling short?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Manuel Zapata said:

Got it. It's not a stretch.

But my range of motion isn't where it needs to be yet.

What do I do to increase it besides just attempting to do it and falling short?

Hi Manuel, are you following also the stretch series?

when did you started the handstand protocol?

Manuel Zapata

I'm not doing the stretch series, though I have access to it.

I started this week with the handstand protocol.

I also have access to Foundations 1,2 and 3 if that's relevant. I am doing foundation right now, but my progress is all over the place

Manuel Zapata
On 10/5/2024 at 11:02 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Manuel, are you following also the stretch series?

when did you started the handstand protocol?

So, Alessandro, what should I do to increase my range of motion for shoulder flexion?

I also have access to Foundations 1,2 and 3, as well as the stretch series

Alessandro Mainente
4 minutes ago, Manuel Zapata said:

So, Alessandro, what should I do to increase my range of motion for shoulder flexion?

I also have access to Foundations 1,2 and 3, as well as the stretch series

Are you following the bridge course once a week? probably i would add a dailiy work with 2.-3 sets of 45-60'' for

  1. Capsule Stretch from bridge strtch series

  2. HBP pe6  IM  from F1

  3. HBP PE15 IM from F3

Manuel Zapata

I'm not doing any stretch series right now, to be honest.

I was prioritizing foundation work.

I'll add your suggestions to my routines.

Do you think I should start doing the bridge series?

I could start next week if it'll help with attaining better range of motion for E1: Static Seated Shoulder Flexion with Weighted Bar

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Manuel Zapata said:

I'm not doing any stretch series right now, to be honest.

I was prioritizing foundation work.

I'll add your suggestions to my routines.

Do you think I should start doing the bridge series?

I could start next week if it'll help with attaining better range of motion for E1: Static Seated Shoulder Flexion with Weighted Bar

At the moment it is not necessary because it won't help the shoulder flexion...

adding the bridge series is a very good choce...

Manuel Zapata

New review for HS/PE1>iM

Hey there @Alessandro Mainente, I've been stretching more in the past couple of months, especially my lats and chest, and now want to start taking this a bit more seriously.

I just recorded myself from the side doing the drill. 

A couple of things I kept in mind

1) Tried to do the flexion seated first, then bended forward

2) Made my traps work, and they are working

I know I'm lacking flexion, so my plan is to add this along with the tripod to my F1 upper body days to start seeing progress

I have 2 questions

1) What other stretches/exercises should I do to get better flexion?

I've done a bit of Capsule Stretch from bridge strtch series, HBP pe6  IM  from F1, and HBP PE15 IM from F3

For context, I own the handstand course, F1, F2, F3 and the stretching series.

And if you tell me about other exercises I'm happy to use Google. I'm taking this seriously.

2) Any suggestions you have for me regarding the exercise?

Thanks for your help

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Manuel Zapata said:

New review for HS/PE1>iM

Hey there @Alessandro Mainente, I've been stretching more in the past couple of months, especially my lats and chest, and now want to start taking this a bit more seriously.

I just recorded myself from the side doing the drill. 

A couple of things I kept in mind

1) Tried to do the flexion seated first, then bended forward

2) Made my traps work, and they are working

I know I'm lacking flexion, so my plan is to add this along with the tripod to my F1 upper body days to start seeing progress

I have 2 questions

1) What other stretches/exercises should I do to get better flexion?

I've done a bit of Capsule Stretch from bridge strtch series, HBP pe6  IM  from F1, and HBP PE15 IM from F3

For context, I own the handstand course, F1, F2, F3 and the stretching series.

And if you tell me about other exercises I'm happy to use Google. I'm taking this seriously.

2) Any suggestions you have for me regarding the exercise?

Thanks for your help

 

Hi Manuel probably i would add some thoracic extension like this below. notice that in the resting position feet are closer than the hips to the wall...also lower back uses a posterior pelvic tilt.

 

Manuel Zapata

Hey @Alessandro Mainente

I had an idea to perform this element.

I searched the forum and you've mentioned a lot of times that first we should achieve 180° flexion, then we lean forward.

So, today, I did the element focusing only on looking to achieve the 180° first.

Below is a video.

Is it productive to focus on achieving 180° first before starting to lean forward?

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Manuel Zapata said:

Hey @Alessandro Mainente

I had an idea to perform this element.

I searched the forum and you've mentioned a lot of times that first we should achieve 180° flexion, then we lean forward.

So, today, I did the element focusing only on looking to achieve the 180° first.

Below is a video.

Is it productive to focus on achieving 180° first before starting to lean forward?

Thanks

 

Leaning and flexin is the goal as final position....so this is ok.