Hi,
These are tough for sure - but is it okay?
Thanks as always!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Awais Muzaffar, August 31, 2024 · 8 Replies · 74 Views
Hi,
These are tough for sure - but is it okay?
Thanks as always!
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hi,
These are tough for sure - but is it okay?Thanks as always!
strive to lock the position at the top by reaching the upper hand on the corresponding shoulder.
Thanks - does that in other words means I should be pulling higher?
On 8/31/2024 at 5:52 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:Thanks - does that in other words means I should be pulling higher?
yes..
keep in mind that if you use a lot the lower arm tricep..you are going to lose pulling strength in the long term...
Ah I see - I defenitly don't want that!
Considering I have a heavy FL day and heavy RC day, can I incoperate a heavy weighted pull ups maybe once every 2 weeks to maintain strength?
20 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Ah I see - I defenitly don't want that!
Considering I have a heavy FL day and heavy RC day, can I incoperate a heavy weighted pull ups maybe once every 2 weeks to maintain strength?
from my experience with this schedule no, the best solution it is to have only 3 heavy session in a week..one for the front, one for the RC and last one from the pullup...nothing more..
Hi @Alessandro Mainente
I'm focusing on keeping my upper hand close to the corresponding shoulder during the pull.
Here’s the first set: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/e9sccWDLFk0
And the fourth set: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WALJRtf9XVo
Do these look ok to you? I'm also following your recommendation to include weighted pull-ups on Day 2.
Thanks!
18 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hi @Alessandro Mainente
I'm focusing on keeping my upper hand close to the corresponding shoulder during the pull.
Here’s the first set: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/e9sccWDLFk0
And the fourth set: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WALJRtf9XVoDo these look ok to you? I'm also following your recommendation to include weighted pull-ups on Day 2.
Thanks!
Hi Awais, i noticed wapecially when the left arm is on the top that you ebign to bend the elbow too early. it is the opposite. forst depress the shoulder then thing about pull the elbow down. in the video below you can see one of my student francesco doing a slow one arm pullup. notice how first the depress the shoulder blade....then the elbow bends.
Okay - thanks I'll work onf ixing that!
And wow that is an amazing demo of an OAP!