This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adapting 'Intermediate Two' to 3x a week program

Started by Tomas Ramalho, August 26, 2024 · 1 Replies · 35 Views

Tomas Ramalho

Hello there,

First I'd like to thank Alessandro Mainente and Coach Sommers for helping me such that I've just now booked the yearly subscription.

To provide some context, I have already some experience training and the 'fitness placement quiz' has placed me in 'Intermediate two' program. I would like to know how to adapt this program to a 3x per week program in such a way that it assures progress overtime. Training is a secondary goal for me at the moment as I'm putting more time into other areas in my life, hence why I'm looking for a more minimalistic schedule. For me flexibility and mobility is also a priority over strenght for the following year since those are my current weaknesses.

I've also been training for +8 years now so it's more about getting into a process that yields me results overtime in mobility,flexibility and strenght while still keeping my body and joints strong than fast, sudden progress. This is what I saw possible with Coach Sommer's approach and hence my bet in gymfit.

Thanks in advance,

Tomás

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Tomas Ramalho said:

Hello there,

First I'd like to thank Alessandro Mainente and Coach Sommers for helping me such that I've just now booked the yearly subscription.

To provide some context, I have already some experience training and the 'fitness placement quiz' has placed me in 'Intermediate two' program. I would like to know how to adapt this program to a 3x per week program in such a way that it assures progress overtime. Training is a secondary goal for me at the moment as I'm putting more time into other areas in my life, hence why I'm looking for a more minimalistic schedule. For me flexibility and mobility is also a priority over strenght for the following year since those are my current weaknesses.

I've also been training for +8 years now so it's more about getting into a process that yields me results overtime in mobility,flexibility and strenght while still keeping my body and joints strong than fast, sudden progress. This is what I saw possible with Coach Sommer's approach and hence my bet in gymfit.

Thanks in advance,

Tomás

Hi Tomas well i still suggest a mix of stretch and strength. consider that a strong muscles can be stretched better...

so...my suggestion is to ohold the strength part and cycle the stretch classes but if you can move at least to 4 days a week with the stretch day which are light day so...

day 1 - foundations upper

day 2 - stretch class

day 3 - foundation core + legs

day 4 - stretch class

for the stretch class you can cycle the 3 series...middle split, front split and thoracic bridge.

 

one 3 days a week option is the following...basically you cycle the foundations..

WEEK1

day 1 - stretch class

day 2 - foundation upper + legs

day 3 - fstretch class

 

WEEK2

day 1 - stretch class

day 2 - foundation core + legs

day 3 - fstretch class