Need some reasons

Started by phken4343, July 1, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,471 Views

phken4343

My front splits for both sides are almost at perfection, but my center split is taking some time. The only benefits I can think of are these:

1. more flexible

2. Middle split hold becomes easier

3. flares

What other benefits can I get by perfecting the center split?

Scotty Hagnas

Press handstands, straddle planche and front lever will be easier.

Scott Hagnas

Portland, OR

phken4343

Any more reasons? I need some more motivation.

Blairbob

cartwheel/round-off becomes more efficient with more of a straddle and increases turnover.

Side and Front Splits are an easy "A" skill.

phken4343

Okay. I feel like I'm not progressing at all with my center splits. :/

Erik Sjolin

You want to be really careful when you're doing centre splits. I tried training them last year in university, really hurt something in my left hip, and it's only just getting better (yoga totally helps). It's really important though, if I had a better straddle, I'd probably have a straddled front lever by now.