This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Where to find supplemental information?

Started by Matthew E Cairns, July 24, 2024 · 3 Replies · 45 Views

Matthew E Cairns

I see a lot of mentions of deload weeks and adding things like deadlifts to the training. Is there a place to find these suggestions? 

Alessandro Mainente
19 minutes ago, Matthew E Cairns said:

I see a lot of mentions of deload weeks and adding things like deadlifts to the training. Is there a place to find these suggestions? 

I Matthew, probably you should search on the very very very old post on the forum or better make a specific question here!

Matthew E Cairns

Thank you for responding Alessandro. I don't see any way to search the forums and have spent a fair amount of time trying to comb over old posts to see where it's suggested. I have not found anything definite.

My primary questions are:

1. What is the suggested deload protocol?

2. What is the suggestion on adding barbell work to the intermediate program?

3. Are there specific suggestions on adding any additional types of training, like cardio, to any of the plans.

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Matthew E Cairns said:

Thank you for responding Alessandro. I don't see any way to search the forums and have spent a fair amount of time trying to comb over old posts to see where it's suggested. I have not found anything definite.

My primary questions are:

1. What is the suggested deload protocol?

2. What is the suggestion on adding barbell work to the intermediate program?

3. Are there specific suggestions on adding any additional types of training, like cardio, to any of the plans.

Thank you!

Hy Matthew well:

1. do the exaclt same previous week with half sets/same reps or same sets/half reps.  still believe the best is the first one because holds the same adaptations

2. 2 days a weeks are fine depending on your current level . for example once you begin to incorporate the weighted lunges probably i would give different suggestion. also depend on the single movement that you are doing because deadlifts ahave strong impact on csn so if you are doing isometric work the day after probably they won't go well

3. probably the more challenging the workout became the less intense can be the cardio work. i'm not specialyzed on cardio training so i cannot say something more.