Hello mates,
Looking at these stall bars that come with a pull up/dip attachment:
- Amazon.com : Personal Training Tower: Fitness Stall Bars with Adjustable Pull-Up Dip Bar Attachment (1.5" Round, Poplar Rungs) : Sports & Outdoors
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09BDDL5QD/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=d859628a45462e6d332e7a9f453bc635&hsa_cr_id=0&qid=1720390176&sr=1-2-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi4d_asin_1_img&pd_rd_w=k16qa&content-id=amzn1.sym.8591358d-1345-4efd-9d50-5bd4e69cd942%3Aamzn1.sym.8591358d-1345-4efd-9d50-5bd4e69cd942&pf_rd_p=8591358d-1345-4efd-9d50-5bd4e69cd942&pf_rd_r=ZV1KNS25KA4KG6H8K02Q&pd_rd_wg=eBvGw&pd_rd_r=0ed49e26-b374-44b4-bde6-c2ab3c74a8a8&th=1
Will be installing them on a brick wall indoors (back of a fireplace), limited space.
Two questions:
- Anyone had any negative experiences or see any issues with installing stall bars into a brick wall?
- Which wood is best, Beech or Poplar?
I've seen on here that Coach likes the Rogue Fitness metal bars, but think the Rogue bars are too wide for the space I have, and I prefer the look and feel of wood.
Beech seems to be a stronger material but Poplar seems to have more flex. Do you want a little flex in your stall bar rungs, or do you want them as stiff as you can get? Both are rated for 350 lbs. I'm about 215-220 out of shape, 195-200 when training consistently, so I don't think I'll break them either way.
Also, open to recommendations to bars other than the Beyond Balance above.
Thanks!
Charlie