This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How many circle arch-ups is one set?

Started by Miquel Malet Casas, June 15, 2024 · 3 Replies · 38 Views

Miquel Malet Casas

Hi guys,

I'm confused as to how many circle arch-ups we're supposed to do in each set of the progression. The description of the exercise says:

" [...] Lower back down with control, twist back to your start position, and repeat for reps. Now reverse your start position and perform an equal number of circle arch-ups in the reverse direction to complete the set."

However, the follow along video shows the instructions doing one rep in one direction and then they count the next rep in the other direction. Which one is right?

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

Hi guys,

I'm confused as to how many circle arch-ups we're supposed to do in each set of the progression. The description of the exercise says:

" [...] Lower back down with control, twist back to your start position, and repeat for reps. Now reverse your start position and perform an equal number of circle arch-ups in the reverse direction to complete the set."

However, the follow along video shows the instructions doing one rep in one direction and then they count the next rep in the other direction. Which one is right?

@Alessandro Mainente

Well doing 5r reps each side and count 1-2-3-4-5 and the go for the other side OR counting 1 left side and 2 right side and then 3 back to the left and 4 to the right...does not make idfference...you will end with 5 reps each side no matter how do you choose to count.

Miquel Malet Casas

@Alessandro Mainente That wasn't my question, what I was saying is that the follow along video seems to contradict the exercise instructions in regard to the total amount of reps. For example, at the 5x10 step the instructors in the video do a total of 50 reps (25 left, 25 right) whereas, as I understand the instructions, were supposed to do a total of 100 (50 left, 50 right).

Anyway, judging by your answer I understand that the instructions are correct and the video is wrong. Sorry if I didn't explain myself well enough, English is not my first language.

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

@Alessandro Mainente That wasn't my question, what I was saying is that the follow along video seems to contradict the exercise instructions in regard to the total amount of reps. For example, at the 5x10 step the instructors in the video do a total of 50 reps (25 left, 25 right) whereas, as I understand the instructions, were supposed to do a total of 100 (50 left, 50 right).

Anyway, judging by your answer I understand that the instructions are correct and the video is wrong. Sorry if I didn't explain myself well enough, English is not my first language.

ok....well. since at this phase the exercise fits the general strenght preparation the correct amountis is 10 x sides.