How's this hollow body hold looking? I don't have specific questions, just looking to make sure it's alright. I did the mobility exercise in the same video.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Miquel Malet Casas, June 5, 2024 · 10 Replies · 74 Views
How's this hollow body hold looking? I don't have specific questions, just looking to make sure it's alright. I did the mobility exercise in the same video.
34 minutes ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:How's this hollow body hold looking? I don't have specific questions, just looking to make sure it's alright. I did the mobility exercise in the same video.
nice work...do not overflex your neck!
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:nice work...do not overflex your neck!
By overflexing, do you mean having the neck muscles under tension? Contracting them?
6 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:By overflexing, do you mean having the neck muscles under tension? Contracting them?
yes, hold the alifgnment of the spine aligned with the rest of the column.
On 6/6/2024 at 5:03 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:yes, hold the alifgnment of the spine aligned with the rest of the column.
How is this looking?
22 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:How is this looking?
nothing to say here, very nice work....
On 10/7/2024 at 10:29 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:nothing to say here, very nice work....
Hi @Alessandro Mainente
Testing for mastery, this is set 5 of 5x60s. How does it look?
19 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:Hi @Alessandro Mainente
Testing for mastery, this is set 5 of 5x60s. How does it look?
Hey Miquel, take a fast look on the video above your last post, notice how i asked you to leav the majority of the shoulder blade and curl more the spine. unofrtunately here the last set began with too less spine flexion.
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Miquel, take a fast look on the video above your last post, notice how i asked you to leav the majority of the shoulder blade and curl more the spine. unofrtunately here the last set began with too less spine flexion.
I'm sorry but I don't understand the concept of spine flexion.
Comparing it with the image in this GB post, it looks like my shoulders should be more elevated. Is that what you mean?
7 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:
I'm sorry but I don't understand the concept of spine flexion.
![]()
Comparing it with the image in this GB post, it looks like my shoulders should be more elevated. Is that what you mean?
Shoulder elevated means that the shoulder moves closer to the ears but this does not affect the abdominal work (that is the primary target) because abs does not insert in to the shoulder. if you flex the spine and round more your back it is because you are squeezing more your abs. increasing the spine flexion leads to more curved upper back and the bottom edge of the scapulae that leaves the floor.
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Shoulder elevated means that the shoulder moves closer to the ears but this does not affect the abdominal work (that is the primary target) because abs does not insert in to the shoulder. if you flex the spine and round more your back it is because you are squeezing more your abs. increasing the spine flexion leads to more curved upper back and the bottom edge of the scapulae that leaves the floor.
Got it now! Thank you Alex.