This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN C1 - Tuck Up

Started by Miquel Malet Casas, June 2, 2024 · 23 Replies · 136 Views

Miquel Malet Casas

Hi guys, I'd like a form check of the C1 Tuck Up and it's associated mobility exercise, please. I'm long past this one but I'll post all the form checks to see if there are any weak links in the chain; my lower back mobility is decent but not too good, I'd say.

 

Alessandro Mainente
45 minutes ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

Hi guys, I'd like a form check of the C1 Tuck Up and it's associated mobility exercise, please. I'm long past this one but I'll post all the form checks to see if there are any weak links in the chain; my lower back mobility is decent but not too good, I'd say.

 

Hi Miquel, the tuck up are ok...i would search for more depth in the windmill.

Miquel Malet Casas

How's the depth here? This is as far as I could reach.

 

Alessandro Mainente
36 minutes ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

How's the depth here? This is as far as I could reach.

 

You shoulder reach inside and behind the floor. give the body time time to adapt.

Miquel Malet Casas

So I shouldn't move to the next exercise in the progression until I get a more well-rounded windmill, is that right? That's actually exciting! :D

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

So I shouldn't move to the next exercise in the progression until I get a more well-rounded windmill, is that right? That's actually exciting! :D

exactly.

Miquel Malet Casas
On 6/6/2024 at 12:12 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

exactly.

 

 

Hello Alessandro, how's the windmill looking now? I'm not sure if I see much progress, perhaps a little bit.

 

Should I still go deeper to move to the next progression?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/25/2025 at 1:39 PM, Miquel Malet Casas said:

 

 

Hello Alessandro, how's the windmill looking now? I'm not sure if I see much progress, perhaps a little bit.

 

Should I still go deeper to move to the next progression?

 

 

hey Miquel, i like the dynamic of the movement, now follows what you can correct:

  • first of all you must move closer the legs so that heels are almost at shoulder width distance
  • when you do so the movement be sure that the leg of the same side of the upper arm sould be vertical all the time
Miquel Malet Casas
On 1/27/2025 at 9:30 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

hey Miquel, i like the dynamic of the movement, now follows what you can correct:

  • first of all you must move closer the legs so that heels are almost at shoulder width distance
  • when you do so the movement be sure that the leg of the same side of the upper arm sould be vertical all the time

How does it look now?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

How does it look now?

 

 

nicely done!

Miquel Malet Casas
23 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

nicely done!

Thanks! Is it deep enough to move to the next progression?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

Thanks! Is it deep enough to move to the next progression?

Not yet....you should be able to reach past the knee level with the lower shoulder...

Miquel Malet Casas
On 1/30/2025 at 3:59 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not yet....you should be able to reach past the knee level with the lower shoulder...

Hi Alessandro, I was looking at this explanation page of the windmill: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/exercises/stiff-leg-windmill/.

 

The guy in the video doesn't have the leg of the upper arm side completely vertical and he touches the floor in line with his feet instead of reaching behind. Why is that?

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

Hi Alessandro, I was looking at this explanation page of the windmill: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/exercises/stiff-leg-windmill/.

 

The guy in the video doesn't have the leg of the upper arm side completely vertical and he touches the floor in line with his feet instead of reaching behind. Why is that?

Hi Miquel, when in doubt refer to tge Gymfit platform execution. 

Miquel Malet Casas
On 4/22/2025 at 6:37 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Miquel, when in doubt refer to tge Gymfit platform execution. 

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

How's this looking? Deep enough for the next progression? I can't see if there's much difference from the last one but it looks like the lower shoulder is getting pretty close to the knee.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

For sure it is better but i can notice some bending at the knee of the straddled leg, i mean the one that is inclined! Fix it.

Miquel Malet Casas
On 5/2/2025 at 2:12 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

For sure it is better but i can notice some bending at the knee of the straddled leg, i mean the one that is inclined! Fix it.

How does it look now?

 

 

Also, this is set 5 of 5x15:

 

 

 

Is it all good enough to move on?

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/6/2025 at 2:23 PM, Miquel Malet Casas said:

How does it look now?

 

 

Also, this is set 5 of 5x15:

 

 

 

Is it all good enough to move on?

Hi Miquel, not yey, from my pov:

- on the IM i can still observe some bending in the inclined knee when you reach the bottom position

. on the tuck up i preferow concentric, locked out arm on the starting position.

Miquel Malet Casas

Damn you're right, I bend it at the end a bit...

I'll keep chipping at it and lock out the arms, thanks for the feedback.

Miquel Malet Casas
On 5/10/2025 at 12:35 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Miquel, not yey, from my pov:

- on the IM i can still observe some bending in the inclined knee when you reach the bottom position

. on the tuck up i preferow concentric, locked out arm on the starting position.

It seems I still bend the right leg but the left seems better, how do you see it @Alessandro Mainente?

Apart from the bending, is this enough depth?

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

It seems I still bend the right leg but the left seems better, how do you see it @Alessandro Mainente?

Apart from the bending, is this enough depth?

 

 

 

 

Depth is fine but this exercise it is a "double-standard", you must have both depth and kneecked out. keep in mind that the depth is directly influenced by the amount of beneding at the knee. the more you bend the more deep you can go.

Miquel Malet Casas
On 7/11/2025 at 3:00 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Depth is fine but this exercise it is a "double-standard", you must have both depth and kneecked out. keep in mind that the depth is directly influenced by the amount of beneding at the knee. the more you bend the more deep you can go.

Testing for mastery. Really tried to keep the legs straight in the windmills. @Alessandro Mainente

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Miquel Malet Casas said:

Testing for mastery. Really tried to keep the legs straight in the windmills. @Alessandro Mainente

 

 

 

When you bend a bit you can reach lower at least 10 cm more than when it is straigth...

so you are improved for sure compared to before..give it the time to adapt..

Miquel Malet Casas
On 7/16/2025 at 3:27 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

When you bend a bit you can reach lower at least 10 cm more than when it is straigth...

so you are improved for sure compared to before..give it the time to adapt..

 

 

Hi Alex, here comes another try. I tried again to keep the legs straight in the windmill. I think I gained a bit of depth since last time. How does it look?

 

 

@Alessandro Mainente