This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS E9 shoulder mobility

Started by Joel Bornemann, May 27, 2024 · 8 Replies · 51 Views

Joel Bornemann

I am at the wall handstand progressions, but can't shake the feeling that I'm unable to reach proper form because of my bad shoulder mobility. However much I squeeze the PPT, I get out of every set with lower back pain. I'm assuming that's my lower back compensating for terrible shoulder flexion. Should I keep doing the progression and hope that that takes care of the shoulder flexion over time, or is there some other mobility that I can do to get to 180 degree shoulder flexion from what is right now more like 140 degrees? I've been doing the shoulder restore series for a long time, but it hasn't helped the flexion whatsoever. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Joel Bornemann said:

I am at the wall handstand progressions, but can't shake the feeling that I'm unable to reach proper form because of my bad shoulder mobility. However much I squeeze the PPT, I get out of every set with lower back pain. I'm assuming that's my lower back compensating for terrible shoulder flexion. Should I keep doing the progression and hope that that takes care of the shoulder flexion over time, or is there some other mobility that I can do to get to 180 degree shoulder flexion from what is right now more like 140 degrees? I've been doing the shoulder restore series for a long time, but it hasn't helped the flexion whatsoever. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Joel, the main problem is to see your shoulder flexion first.

lying on the floor with bent hips and knee and lower back on the floor is a good test to see the amount of limitation.

image.png

Joel Bornemann

Hi Alessandro, the photo is pretty accurate for me, I think. My hands are roughly 10cm from the ground

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Joel Bornemann said:

Hi Alessandro, the photo is pretty accurate for me, I think. My hands are roughly 10cm from the ground

Hey Joel, if you post a pic it is better.

Joel Bornemann

20240530_121321.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Joel Bornemann said:

20240530_121321.jpg

Hey, are following the thoracic stretch course?

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Joel Bornemann said:

20240530_121321.jpg

do the movement i show at 24'' mark without t shirt. i have a doubt.

 

Joel Bornemann

Hi Alessandro, 

I'm not following the thoracic stretch course consistently, although I know I should. I just don't have stall bars, so at best I can only do the first 25 minutes or so. Do you think that course, even just the first half, would help my shoulders?

Regarding your video, I'm not entirely sure what movement you mean - the lying back part, or the neck part?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Joel Bornemann said:

Hi Alessandro, 

I'm not following the thoracic stretch course consistently, although I know I should. I just don't have stall bars, so at best I can only do the first 25 minutes or so. Do you think that course, even just the first half, would help my shoulders?

Regarding your video, I'm not entirely sure what movement you mean - the lying back part, or the neck part?

Thanks!

hey Joel, both of them, you should lye on th frloor naturally, the gravity will do the rest.

and yes i suggest to do the first part of the thoracic bridge series.