I can hold a 5 second MSH on the ground with almost straight legs with my hands facing forward instead of back like it shows in BtGB. My hips aren't very far in front of my hands though, but in a couple weeks, I think they could be if I trained consistently. Should I work my way back up from ground zero with my hands facing backward or is there a way to train around this?
Middle Split Hold Hand Position?
Started by Pablo585, June 30, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,551 Views
Is your back completely flat, as it would be when standing up against a wall? If it's not, you're doing it wrong. It is the exact opposite of the v-sit.
There's nothing inherently wrong with what you're doing, but make sure you're doing good 15-30s holds for your work sets. As many have said, the lift up into the Manna will be easier if you start with your hands out to the sides or backwards, but that's not necessary. Right now the most important thing is to make sure you're doing the hold right.
Now that I think about it, I am leaning back a little. I'll go back to the last position and work up again, thanks slizzardman!
No problem! Having a good MSH is unbelievably hard, keep working at it and you'll have it!