This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Bridge Progression Request -- How do I scale if I can't push up while feet are elevated?

Started by Manuel Hernandez, May 5, 2024 · 4 Replies · 42 Views

Manuel Hernandez

Hello,

I am unable to push up into elevated bridge and have a few questions about working up to it.  I am able to slightly push up when feet are on the floor.  I'd like to know:

  1. How can I assess if it is a strength or mobility issue?
  2. What regressions should be utilized in each of those cases?

 

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Manuel Hernandez said:

Hello,

I am unable to push up into elevated bridge and have a few questions about working up to it.  I am able to slightly push up when feet are on the floor.  I'd like to know:

  1. How can I assess if it is a strength or mobility issue?
  2. What regressions should be utilized in each of those cases?

 

Thanks in advance!

HI Manuel, it is for sure a strenght problem because on the floor you only lift approximately the 50% of your BW, the more the feet are elevated the more the exercise is similar to an handstand pushup. in your case elevate the feet gradually is the key to progress.

Manuel Hernandez

Thank you, Alessandro. 

Are pike push ups a good way to scale and build the shoulder strength or are they not very transferable to bridge strength since I would be facing downward instead of upward?

Would it be better just to build rep volume doing bridge push ups even the I can only partially lift myself?

Anything else you would advise?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Manuel Hernandez said:

Thank you, Alessandro. 

Are pike push ups a good way to scale and build the shoulder strength or are they not very transferable to bridge strength since I would be facing downward instead of upward?

Would it be better just to build rep volume doing bridge push ups even the I can only partially lift myself?

Anything else you would advise?

hey Manuel..for sure brudge pushup are the best solution...also a general military press BTN.

Manuel Hernandez

Thank you!