This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C8 - Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold

Started by Val Blant, April 25, 2024 · 3 Replies · 27 Views

Val Blant

Hello,

I've been steadily progressing through the Stradle Planche levels and really enjoying the gradual progression in difficulty. However, once I got to Level C8, I am confused by the unexpected jump in difficulty.

The Strength portion is easy - 12s Frog stand (I can do about 30s comfortably), but the Mobility portion seems to very mismatched in difficutly - 10s of Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold (I could do 0-1 seconds, with very bad form).

Is this intentional? Or am I misunderstanding the exercise? I was able to increase my time to ~3s after watcching the following tutorial, but still, it seems like a very sudden and steep jump in difficulty:

 

  Curious to hear other people's experience with this step...

 

image.png.55564f5ad95e3b249e5bfdaa7def2b3a.png

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Val Blant said:

Hello,

I've been steadily progressing through the Stradle Planche levels and really enjoying the gradual progression in difficulty. However, once I got to Level C8, I am confused by the unexpected jump in difficulty.

The Strength portion is easy - 12s Frog stand (I can do about 30s comfortably), but the Mobility portion seems to very mismatched in difficutly - 10s of Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold (I could do 0-1 seconds, with very bad form).

Is this intentional? Or am I misunderstanding the exercise? I was able to increase my time to ~3s after watcching the following tutorial, but still, it seems like a very sudden and steep jump in difficulty:

 

  Curious to hear other people's experience with this step...

 

image.png.55564f5ad95e3b249e5bfdaa7def2b3a.png

 

Hey Val, on many posts i have suggested to perform a intermediae progression like the bent arm tuck planche, then progress over the av tuck with tucked shinbones, then adv tuck with parallel shinbones to the floor, then the half straddle...

Val Blant

Hey Alessandro,

Thanks for the reply. 

"bent arm tuck planche" suggests I need to elevate myself from the floor on paralletes, or something similar? I don't suppose you have a picture or a video of this variation handy?

Also, what does "av tuck" stand for?

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 minutes ago, Val Blant said:

Hey Alessandro,

Thanks for the reply. 

"bent arm tuck planche" suggests I need to elevate myself from the floor on paralletes, or something similar? I don't suppose you have a picture or a video of this variation handy?

Also, what does "av tuck" stand for?

 

For the first question yes.

the adv tuck means that from the tuck version you extend the hips at the point where the upper leg is vertical..