This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check Request: Box Headstand Pushup

Started by Val Blant, March 27, 2024 · 3 Replies · 22 Views

Val Blant

Hello,

This is my 1st week of doing GB "Intermediate Two" program, and I'd really appreciate a form check to make sure I am doing my Box Headstand Pushups correctly. I feel like my PPT (or something else with the back/hip position?) is not quite right...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7NnXvCPx3pMfLbMt8

Any advice would be appreciated!

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Val Blant said:

Hello,

This is my 1st week of doing GB "Intermediate Two" program, and I'd really appreciate a form check to make sure I am doing my Box Headstand Pushups correctly. I feel like my PPT (or something else with the back/hip position?) is not quite right...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7NnXvCPx3pMfLbMt8

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey Van, you must adjust the starting position...specifically the wrists shuld be directly under the middle of the hips..aligned with your sagittal plane.

Val Blant

Hello @Alessandro Mainente,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I am having trouble understanding your suggestion...

2 questions:

  1. What do you consider to be the "middle" of the hip? i.e. which bone are you thinking of? Should my wrists be closer to the wall, or further away from it?
  2. Sagittal plane cuts the body into left and right halves, correct? Does "aligned with your sagittal plane" refer to the direction my fingers are pointing? i.e. I should try to point my fingers more forward instead of slightly to the side? 

 

image.png

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Val Blant said:

Hello @Alessandro Mainente,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I am having trouble understanding your suggestion...

2 questions:

  1. What do you consider to be the "middle" of the hip? i.e. which bone are you thinking of? Should my wrists be closer to the wall, or further away from it?
  2. Sagittal plane cuts the body into left and right halves, correct? Does "aligned with your sagittal plane" refer to the direction my fingers are pointing? i.e. I should try to point my fingers more forward instead of slightly to the side? 

 

image.png

Sorry Val, i mean coronal plane, wrists should move far from the wall!