This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE6 - 9 years after starting

Started by Nick Murray, February 24, 2024 · 1 Replies · 62 Views

Nick Murray

Today, after a lot of experimentation over the last 9 years, I've finally been able to get HS/PE6 completed. I'm still banana-shaped, but shoulder strength has been a real issue after surgeries on both shoulders in 2012 and 2013 resulting in vastly reduced shoulder flexion.

What's helped the most appears to be:

  • pec stretches and lat stretches in almost full shoulder flexion as part of the warmup
  • in child's pose, lifting 2kg weights in each arm in full flexion (well, as much flexion as I have) 10 reps each side between HS/PE6 reps
  • lying with scaps on a small piece of foam, and using a piece of pipe as a weight for stretching at full flexion, 20 slow movements up and down between HS/PE6 sets

Wall runs still seem a long way away :/

Christopher Schwab

Major props for sticking to it for so long - that's real perseverance!