Hi Alessandro
Could you please assess my hollow body hold form. Thanks (sorry, sending 'em thick and fast today!).
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Barry Thorn, February 12, 2024 · 19 Replies · 76 Views
Hi Alessandro
Could you please assess my hollow body hold form. Thanks (sorry, sending 'em thick and fast today!).
On 2/12/2024 at 1:53 PM, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
Could you please assess my hollow body hold form. Thanks (sorry, sending 'em thick and fast today!).
Hey Barry in the hollow body hold we have 3 major points:
- arms along the ears
- feet at 10 cm from th floor...or something in between
- the scapulae should be off from the floor.
Thanks Alessandro.
Does that mean I am missing all 3 points?
3 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Thanks Alessandro.
Does that mean I am missing all 3 points?
Hey Barry, at the moment the first and the second. i suspect that the lat one will be a consequence of the point 1.
OK thanks.
Hi Alessandro
Could you please take a look at these adjustments that I have made (shoulder blades fully off the floor and legs lower). Thanks!
2 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
Could you please take a look at these adjustments that I have made (shoulder blades fully off the floor and legs lower). Thanks!
Hi Barry, the upper body position it is ok...while the arms should follow the alingment of the upper body...the full shoulder flexion is required...
OK thanks Alessandro. My shoulder flexion is not even close to that. I am doing thoracic strethch series but it is slow, slow progress.
Should increase the frequency of shoulder flexion exercises? Thanks.
Hey Barry. I do Supine Shoulder Extensions and Elevated Cat every day for 20 - 30 seconds each as part of my pre-workout warm-up (Daily Limber). Have for a number of years. Great for opening shoulders and handstand work.
Thanks Bill. I'll give that a go.
15 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:OK thanks Alessandro. My shoulder flexion is not even close to that. I am doing thoracic strethch series but it is slow, slow progress.
Should increase the frequency of shoulder flexion exercises? Thanks.
what's happen if you try to reach the floor with the upper limb (overhead position) when you lie supine on the floor with bent hips and knees? (of course the lower back should stay on floor).
My ROM is pretty restricted for shoulder flexion when I do this exercise.
9 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:My ROM is pretty restricted for shoulder flexion when I do this exercise.
well that's enough for the hollow body position....simple push the arms behind you...
Thanks.
Hi Alessandro - how's this coming along? Thanks.
6 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro - how's this coming along? Thanks.
now the position of th upper arms if fine....now while holding it...you must try to leave he floor with the scapulae....
Thanks - slowly getting there!
Hi Alessandro
Do you think this is getting closer to where it needs to be? Thanks.
19 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
Do you think this is getting closer to where it needs to be? Thanks.
yes, definitely!
Great, thanks!