This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE12: L Russian Dip

Started by Oliver Croft, February 3, 2024 · 25 Replies · 116 Views

Oliver Croft

Here's my first attempts to do the negative. It's hard to keep my torso vertical...

What do you think?

I will post a front view soon. My shoulders are uneven again...

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Here's my first attempts to do the negative. It's hard to keep my torso vertical...

What do you think?

I will post a front view soon. My shoulders are uneven again...

Hey Oliver well, the legs move below the parallel position so the secrect here is to have more compression OR atay more upright with the upper body and lean backward. the first one requires more hips strenght while the second requires more triceps , lats and posterior deltoid strenght.

Oliver Croft

OK, I'll try it...

Oliver Croft

Trying for a bit more compression...

 

Oliver Croft

Front view. Needs lots more practice...

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/17/2024 at 10:52 AM, Oliver Croft said:

Trying for a bit more compression...

 

very nice....the hardest part when you use more compression is when you reverse the movement.

Oliver Croft

Thanks Alessandro... yes I have tried to reverse the dip back up to support and ... I don't have the strength to press up and out while keeping my torso straight, I have to lean forward which makes my legs point downward. This dip is hard... This dip is a crazy dip!

Will keep working on it...

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Thanks Alessandro... yes I have tried to reverse the dip back up to support and ... I don't have the strength to press up and out while keeping my torso straight, I have to lean forward which makes my legs point downward. This dip is hard... This dip is a crazy dip!

Will keep working on it...

you must use a bit of momentum for sure...

Oliver Croft

Update: Struggling with this dip.

I have made no progress on this. 

I cant keep my torso vertical on the way up. 

Help. :(

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Update: Struggling with this dip.

I have made no progress on this. 

I cant keep my torso vertical on the way up. 

Help. :(

Master them first with bent knees.

notice also one the most common mistake...you sag into the shoulders. instead you should reach the bottom position when the shoulder depressed completely. they never move past the elbows height.

Oliver Croft

Ok, thanks Alessandro, I'll work on it.

Oliver Croft

Still trying these. 

 

Oliver Croft

 

This is the best I can do but I'm still using a band as you can see. This is hard on my triceps.

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

 

This is the best I can do but I'm still using a band as you can see. This is hard on my triceps.

Well ... how proficient are you on RC and front lever progression?

Oliver Croft

FL: Kip Extensions

RC: Well...I cannot do the front lever elements in F3, but I can do rope climbs.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

FL: Kip Extensions

RC: Well...I cannot do the front lever elements in F3, but I can do rope climbs.

so basically you skipped the progression? then...now you know why there is a lack of basic strength.

Oliver Croft

Then I will try to be a better GST student in the future. I am sorry for making that mistake. Thank you for all your help so far...

Oliver Croft

This is a negative rep. I can see that my shoulders are uneven, so will work on trying to keep them level.

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

This is a negative rep. I can see that my shoulders are uneven, so will work on trying to keep them level.

 

my suggestion it is to do the negative as a normal dip then flare out the elbows when you have to reach back.

Oliver Croft

OK

Oliver Croft

First attempt. I'm trying to keep my elbows closer together.

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

First attempt. I'm trying to keep my elbows closer together.

 

nice form!

Oliver Croft

I might have done a repetition but my legs dipped very low on the ascent. I leaned too far forward to make it back up.

What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/7/2025 at 9:58 AM, Oliver Croft said:

I might have done a repetition but my legs dipped very low on the ascent. I leaned too far forward to make it back up.

What do you think?

 

these are quite good, you can also add some tricep extension in your workout like 3x6-10 rip (use a load that allows for 10-11 reps) to improve tripcep strength. the more you stay vertical the easier is to avoid leg drop BUT vertical dip means stronger tricep.

Oliver Croft

A little improvement with less leg drop. How's this?