This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mercuryashes training log

Started by Joshua Naterman, July 8, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,395 Views

Joshua Naterman

How about Coach recommends you do them in your warm up? :P

That's how his athletes do FSP. That should also be a clue as to the intensity used! I can also tell you from personal experience that weighting the front levers really doesn't accomplish much. You're better off doing weighted pull up and chin up work for lat strength and body lever work for core. Between the two, you'll accomplish much more.

Razz
mercuryashes said:

Front lever, didn't get my single leg yet, but I tripled my time on the 90/90 tuck. Probably due to focusing on scapular retraction...thanks Razz!

That's great!!

Joshua Naterman
mercuryashes said:

1)How do you do adv frogstand with the knees inside the arm? I tried a few positions but it alway slipped.

2)Would working on graduated XR HSPU along with my elevated HeSPU be a good idea?

3)When should I start adding weight to my waist for HLL?

4)Should I replace weighted V-ups with ab wheel rollouts?

5)Is there a way not to destroy my equipment and walls while doing weighted HLL and Wall HS RLL?

1) Why would you want to do that? It's not a very practical position, if it is possible at all. are you looking for that to be a transition to tuck planche?

2)If you don't have a base established in XR HS I don't think you'll get anything out of it. If you do, I don't see why that wouldn't be a great idea, but modulating the two so you don't ignore one or the other OR train too much would be important.

3) I believe you'll be better off adding weight to your ankles, actually. When you are easily doing 5x5 full ROM tempo HLL, you'll probably want to add a half pound or maybe a full pound. Go up gradually.

4) They are different, so depending on your goals you may want to do both! Split your sets or alternate workouts with one or the other when appropriate! For bydyweight manipulation the V-ups are more important, but rollouts are great when you do them right.

5) Put 1/2" or thicker plywood pieces at the points of impact. Make sure you oversize them just to be safe! Screw them into a stud, centered on the stud.

Joshua Naterman

For the HLL: I think Coach should weigh in here. This goes beyond my experience. Try PM'ing him and then let me know what he says! He's good about answering as soon as he's able to.