This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE11 Russian dip

Started by Oliver Croft, December 2, 2023 · 17 Replies · 79 Views

Oliver Croft

When I lower down my hands are sliding over the side of the bars - even with chalk. 

This is my attempt, its not very good.

 

 

 

Oliver Croft

I've added another video to explain what I mean about my hands sliding over the bar during the dip.

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I've added another video to explain what I mean about my hands sliding over the bar during the dip.

 

that's quite common....ideally the part of the palms right under the thumb is the last that remains in place. notice that in case of excessive shoulder relaxation or backward movement the grip can became even harder to be held.

Oliver Croft

I've been practicing with a resistance band. I'm able to get out of the bottom position back to the top, so that's progress for me.

I can see I need more practice to lower into the right position.

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I've been practicing with a resistance band. I'm able to get out of the bottom position back to the top, so that's progress for me.

I can see I need more practice to lower into the right position.

 

i love it! nice work

Oliver Croft

Thanks! I will keep going ...

Oliver Croft

I did a russian dip!

I had to readjust my hands and I think I'm leaning back too much....but I can do a rep! Yes!

(My feet are out of sight but I can say I do not touch the floor with my feet).

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I did a russian dip!

I had to readjust my hands and I think I'm leaning back too much....but I can do a rep! Yes!

(My feet are out of sight but I can say I do not touch the floor with my feet).

consider that with the normal execution a bit of momentum helps...btw i prfer you to nor reverse the mvement until the negative phase leads you to the proper bottom position..

Oliver Croft

OK I'll keep practicing the negatives.

Oliver Croft

Practising the negatives is working and is very helpful. How's my form looking?

 

Oliver Croft

Front view

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/1/2024 at 2:38 PM, Oliver Croft said:

Front view

 

very nice!

Oliver Croft

Great! 

OK I will carefully try to reverse the movement with correct form...

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Great! 

OK I will carefully try to reverse the movement with correct form...

you should use a bit of moment..

Oliver Croft

I've been practising. How does it look?

Side

 

Front

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I've been practising. How does it look?

Side

 

Front

 

nicely done.

Oliver Croft

Yeah? Great!

I can do 5x5r with this form.

 

Can I move on to the next progression?

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Yeah? Great!

I can do 5x5r with this form.

 

Can I move on to the next progression?

yes...