This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bicep tendon pain from seated shoulder flexion

Started by Barry Thorn, November 20, 2023 · 9 Replies · 46 Views

Barry Thorn

Hi all 

Has anyone experienced anterior shoulder from seated shoulder flexion?  I seem to have aggravated the bicep tendon on the front of the shoulder from doing this and am now having to have an extended rest.

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to me but curious to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

Barry

Matthew Walker

No, but I injured my bicep tendon throwing a wheel barrow over a fence. 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Hi all 

Has anyone experienced anterior shoulder from seated shoulder flexion?  I seem to have aggravated the bicep tendon on the front of the shoulder from doing this and am now having to have an extended rest.

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to me but curious to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

Barry

hi Barry it can....it is necesary to see also other exercises like pushup for example. keep in mind that feeling painduring one exercise does not mean that it is the cause. if for example you do not depress properly the shoulder blade during pushup you end on using more the bicep long head tendon.

Another problem can be related to the shoulder flexion technique, a wrong execution can be evaluated deeply from a posterior view...

Barry Thorn

Hi Alessandro

Thanks for your response. 

I'll post up some videos of both the pressup and active flexion  from posterior angle.

I'd appreciate your view on where I can improve.

Thanks

Barry

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Hi Alessandro

This is set 4 of pressups on stage 4x9.  Are there some technical points I should improve / focus on.  Thanks!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2Rot2L4-Ql32Mq8h?e=qthGtA

 

You must have an accurate eye to check this but in some reps when you reverse the movement from th bottom the first thing that happens i your shoulder thats elevate. th shoulder should rmain depressed al the time. this can contribute to the shoulder problem. also check the anterior video for symmetrical work.

Barry Thorn

Ok thanks Alessandro.   I'll take things back a step or two and focus on the form points you mention.

Barry Thorn

OK thanks - is that to say the portion of the movement lifting up from the ground?