This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS E7: wall handstand

Started by Michael Schwartz Schwartz, November 7, 2023 · 5 Replies · 38 Views

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

checking if I'm ready to progress with this or if I should stay in the mobility area (E1-E6)

https://youtube.com/shorts/-ykt2tzERHk

hi michael, do you mind if i ask you to try this test and show it to me?

also can I see your forward pike bend?

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

Hi Alessandro, here you go... a little long, but hopefully you can see what you were looking for:

forward pike:

 

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

Hi Alessandro, here you go... a little long, but hopefully you can see what you were looking for:

forward pike:

 

hey Michael...thanks...those tests tell me a lot..in your case a lot of work should be done for the shoulder range of motion and thoracic extension that limits directly the shoulder range of motion. meanwhile a good variation that you can train is the box handstand that is harder than headstand version but easier compare to wall handstand...so that you can refine alignment. have you ever done it?

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

Ok great, I will try a box handstand - I've never tried, I will add to program and send a form check.  

I know that my shoulders & thoracic area need a lot of work, I am 2-3x per week working diligently on handstand E1-E6 (adding weights slowly and/or bringing hands closer together), and daily with negative cat and thoracic mobilizations. Over two years, some progress, but nothing is happening very fast (I don't know if it's due to mistakes in training or if these things take a long time to fix...)

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

Ok great, I will try a box handstand - I've never tried, I will add to program and send a form check.  

I know that my shoulders & thoracic area need a lot of work, I am 2-3x per week working diligently on handstand E1-E6 (adding weights slowly and/or bringing hands closer together), and daily with negative cat and thoracic mobilizations. Over two years, some progress, but nothing is happening very fast (I don't know if it's due to mistakes in training or if these things take a long time to fix...)

have you ever tried to add some specific work for the chest expansion and posterior shoulder joint capsule? they can be the very big limitations.