This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL A16: Front pull & bridge mobility (not...)

Started by Michael Schwartz Schwartz, November 7, 2023 · 7 Replies · 36 Views

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

 

Hi, starting the front pull, here are a few examples - I think my first rep is better than the second, but not sure I have good enough PPT in the pull phase:

 

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

and here is the mobility part - tbh I'm stuck. I can't seem to flip around on the low bridge - my arm collapses

so I'm showing you the last mobility - low bridge x5

 

the last is embarassing, but you'll see what I mean about the arm collapsing at the end of the video

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

 

Hi, starting the front pull, here are a few examples - I think my first rep is better than the second, but not sure I have good enough PPT in the pull phase:

 

Hey Michael, 2 main mistakes here:

1- bent elbows

2- piked hips in the seconds part of the ascent phase

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

and here is the mobility part - tbh I'm stuck. I can't seem to flip around on the low bridge - my arm collapses

so I'm showing you the last mobility - low bridge x5

 

the last is embarassing, but you'll see what I mean about the arm collapsing at the end of the video

strive to hold the forearms parallele if you can..

Michael Schwartz Schwartz
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

strive to hold the forearms parallele if you can..

ok, sounds good. so in the meantime I do the mobility as regular back bridges (like what's in the video) and focus on bringing the forearms parallel?
and thanks for the feedback on my main mistakes on the front pull... I was finally feeling very strong in the negatives but pulling up is much harder at the moment.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

ok, sounds good. so in the meantime I do the mobility as regular back bridges (like what's in the video) and focus on bringing the forearms parallel?
and thanks for the feedback on my main mistakes on the front pull... I was finally feeling very strong in the negatives but pulling up is much harder at the moment.

yes...forearms parallele is better...

for the front pullup if you canno perform at leat 4-5 reps in the full layout position you can consider to scale it down to the straddle version. if it is too easy go for negative with full layout and straddle for the positive phase.

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

another try at the pull, I may go back and do a few more weeks of negatives and try and go slower, since I think I'm still piking my hips too much (even though I'm in straddle in this attempt)

 

and bridge with hopefully better technique on the forearms (pls ignore the first one)

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

another try at the pull, I may go back and do a few more weeks of negatives and try and go slower, since I think I'm still piking my hips too much (even though I'm in straddle in this attempt)

 

and bridge with hopefully better technique on the forearms (pls ignore the first one)

 

 

bridge is better than before..for the front lever i would try the half straddle position.i suspect that with this leverage you are not able to hold the elbows locked out and hips extended.