This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE8. Undergrip single bar dip

Started by Oliver Croft, October 9, 2023 · 13 Replies · 54 Views

Oliver Croft

What do you think of my undergrip dips?

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

What do you think of my undergrip dips?

 

Hey Oliver...i have noticed (you need a bit of expert eye) that in the negative part of the movement you tend to put more weight on your right shoulder...

Oliver Croft

Hmmm Okay I will try to correct it...

Oliver Croft

Any improvement Alessandro?

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Any improvement Alessandro?

 

Hey Oliver,

unfortunately no...mabe with this pic you can see what i mean.

i draw a line from the bottom of your shoulders...you can notice that your right one is lower..than it takes more weight. the only way you have now to adjust is to do slow negative and watch yourself in a mirror i order to search for symmetrical execution.

 

 

image.png

Oliver Croft

OK, I can see what you mean...

Is this a scapular depression issue? 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

OK, I can see what you mean...

Is this a scapular depression issue? 

Nope, i think is more a coordinationproblem...slowing down the first part of the negative while controlling symmatrical execution is the key.

Oliver Croft

I think my shoulders are more level in this attempt. What do you think?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I think my shoulders are more level in this attempt. What do you think?

 

 

The 3rd rep is the best one.

Oliver Croft

I'm still working on this one to get it right before I move on. How is my form?

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I'm still working on this one to get it right before I move on. How is my form?

 

nicely done...now you can try tslowly to restore the normal speed of the negative..

Oliver Croft

This is my first attempt to return to normal tempo while keeping my corrected form. Is it looking better?

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

This is my first attempt to return to normal tempo while keeping my corrected form. Is it looking better?

 

nicely done.

Oliver Croft

Yes!