Could I please get a form check for plank. Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Barry Thorn, October 6, 2023 · 23 Replies · 111 Views
Could I please get a form check for plank. Thanks.
3 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Could I please get a form check for plank. Thanks.
Hi Barry, nice form...keeo in mind to not confuse rounded back with the plank posture. the first one is an extremized versione of the second one that is simply not necessary, the plank posture is achieved by achieving a strong activation of the serratus anterior without an excessive anterior tilt of the shoulder..
Thanks Alessandro. Am I overdoing the protraction a bit?
20 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Thanks Alessandro. Am I overdoing the protraction a bit?
yes...it is moving into kyphotic posture...
Hi coaches
Could you please let me know if the form is better in this version? Thanks.
1 hour ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi coaches
Could you please let me know if the form is better in this version? Thanks.
a good example of a very very very good plank!
Great - thanks for the feedback Alessandro!
How do you think these are looking please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2UsLLsHkbU9eluJr?e=bHNhqv
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2UXnb6mAt8nUGkRF?e=GzLS21
Thanks
17 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:How do you think these are looking please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2UsLLsHkbU9eluJr?e=bHNhqv
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2UXnb6mAt8nUGkRF?e=GzLS21
Thanks
hey Barry....the plank is fine...on the IM my suggestion is a pillow under the belly so that you learn to extend the hips with curled back. another option is to squeeze the abs...the lower back should never extend..it is hips extension...they are 2 different things.
Thanks Alessandro.
Do you recommend that I stay on this progression until I have developed the required mobility for this?
10 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Thanks Alessandro.
Do you recommend that I stay on this progression until I have developed the required mobility for this?
yes because specifically in the planche progresison the mobility is a foundation ability to open the hips for the future progression.
Great. Thanks.
Hi Alessandro
I've tried iM with the block under belly. How does this look now please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2g_Uam4NK-IriAVN?e=DmvFr9
Thanks
Barry
5 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
I've tried iM with the block under belly. How does this look now please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2g_Uam4NK-IriAVN?e=DmvFr9
Thanks
Barry
hey Barry...sorry but i do not like it...it gives the senstion of a proper hips and legs alignement but the sensation is wrong. do it without the block, it reflect exactly the planche where the hips are posteriorly rotated.
Hi Alessandro - thanks for the feedback. I used the block because you suggested to put something under the belly to prevent lumbar extension.
Should I not use anything under the belly and try again?
Thanks
Barry
8 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro - thanks for the feedback. I used the block because you suggested to put something under the belly to prevent lumbar extension.
Should I not use anything under the belly and try again?
Thanks
Barry
Yes i prefer...it is not the solution for you...it can..in some cases...not now..
Got it. Thanks.
Hi Alessandro - does this get closer to the right position? Thanks.
6 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro - does this get closer to the right position? Thanks.
hey barry....can you begin first with a movement where you try to tuck your pelvis? the more you can round your lower back the better it is...round...not arch
OK - I'll try. Thanks.
Hi Alessandro - how does this look?
I am tucking the pelvis at the beginning of the movement. Thanks.
4 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro - how does this look?
I am tucking the pelvis at the beginning of the movement. Thanks.
well done.....tell me that you feel the difference!
18 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:well done.....tell me that you feel the difference!
I do! And can visibly see the difference in the video.
Thanks for your guidance!
9 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:I do! And can visibly see the difference in the video.
Thanks for your guidance!
you're welcome...