This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A2 pushup

Started by Barry Thorn, October 6, 2023 · 11 Replies · 66 Views

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Could I please get a form check for pushups.  Thanks.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2GGXdxv6QnEOGZ_S?e=RbaspO

hey Barry, generally speaking they are fine...notice that the plank position from first rep to last rep changes....ideally...it should be the same, at the end for example hips show a bit of pike..

Barry Thorn

Interesting - thanks Alessandro.  I wonder if it's indicative of fatigue meaning I "cheat" the final rep - even if I think there's no way I could be after so few reps...

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Interesting - thanks Alessandro.  I wonder if it's indicative of fatigue meaning I "cheat" the final rep - even if I think there's no way I could be after so few reps...

yes...because fatigue is a factor (one of the factors..) that can lead to technical failure.

Barry Thorn

Hi coaches, are you please able to assess how these are coming along?  Thanks.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2Wm5Ui4g5akC__2D

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/6/2024 at 10:55 PM, Barry Thorn said:

Hi coaches, are you please able to assess how these are coming along?  Thanks.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2Wm5Ui4g5akC__2D

hey barry, take a closer look to the last rep...if you slow down the movement you can see that the first thing that happens is the shoulder that moves closer to the ear....you should feel the the shoulder depression engaged all the time.

Barry Thorn

Thanks Alessandro.  I can see the movement but not sure how to correct.  I feel like I am depressing shoulder blades hard, so not sure what the correct engagement / feeling should be?

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Thanks Alessandro.  I can see the movement but not sure how to correct.  I feel like I am depressing shoulder blades hard, so not sure what the correct engagement / feeling should be?

The main problem is the speed...the faster the movement the "fastest" way the body uses to reverse the movement and in your case the loos of shoulder depression. now the strategy in your case is to do a stop at the bottom of 2'' where you control the shoulder depression and then begin to reverse the movement slowly.

Barry Thorn

Perfect thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Hi Alessandro

Do you see any improvement here?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa2Xfu7nwkoieRpsTN

Thanks

Barry

yes...they are perfect..as you can see slowing down the movement is a very good way to let your brain what's happeing at the movement. one of the biggest mistake is to stop when the mistakes happens...it is the opposite..you must stop or slow down just before the mistake shows the highest amount of deficit...

Barry Thorn

Excellent thanks.  That's really helpful.