This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I can't do "Vertical Shin with Leg out Straight"

Started by Matthew Jenkins 300538, September 13, 2023 · 1 Replies · 40 Views

Matthew Jenkins 300538

Hey everyone, 

Im doing the Foundation Stretch Front Split, and at timecode 39:28 they are doing the Vertical Shin with Leg out Straight Stretch. I can't get my leg out straight in front of me. Any ideas on an alternative? I can only get my leg out as far away from me, which is similar to the previous exercise with bent leg?

Also, I should add, If I bring my knee (vertical shin) away from the wall, I am able to straighten my other leg out, so I could maintain this, and then over time move my knee back to the wall? Or I could persist with the 'bent leg 'and hopefully over time that exercise will help me get to the 'straight out leg' exercise?

Matt

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Matthew Jenkins 300538 said:

Hey everyone, 

Im doing the Foundation Stretch Front Split, and at timecode 39:28 they are doing the Vertical Shin with Leg out Straight Stretch. I can't get my leg out straight in front of me. Any ideas on an alternative? I can only get my leg out as far away from me, which is similar to the previous exercise with bent leg?

Also, I should add, If I bring my knee (vertical shin) away from the wall, I am able to straighten my other leg out, so I could maintain this, and then over time move my knee back to the wall? Or I could persist with the 'bent leg 'and hopefully over time that exercise will help me get to the 'straight out leg' exercise?

Matt

Hi Matthew, i have noticed that this is your first post...the best way to have suggestion is to post first a video of your execution so that the best suggestion cna be founded..