I'm about 10 days in now on the beginner level and noticing some recurrence of older injuries/pains:
- Lower back pain/sacrum pain due to less core stability work and more flexibility work
-
Pain in shoulder/chest- seems to be 1st rib/collarbone pain and shoulder impingement
- Less range of motion in that side (couldn't fully straight arm out overhead or bring bicep to ear,
Regarding the first point, I began doing a regimen of some core stabilization exercises daily which has been tremendously helpful. Additionally, I added in cossack squats on days when I am doing GB since doing that type of assymetric loading has always been very helpful.
With the pain in the shoulder/chest, some light stretching and 1st rib mobilization helped. Doing a traction type stretch with a foam roller down the length of my spine and using gravity to pull the shoulders back reduced the pain as well. I stepped down from a reverse plank to a tabletop stretch as well.
I'm thinking what I may need to do regarding the shoulder is stretching through the front of the chest (especially pec major and minor) and spine, rotator cuff strengthening and anterior shoulder strengthening.
I'm looking for some recommendations or validation of my plan. I can also post photos or video if needed.
Amy