This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE6. Parallel bar dips

Started by Oliver Croft, August 27, 2023 · 13 Replies · 83 Views

Oliver Croft

Hello,

How do my dips look?

Front view:

Side view:

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Hello,

How do my dips look?

Front view:

Side view:

 

Hey Oliver, well the main question is....do you hav ethe possibility to reduce the parallel bars distance? they are a bit wide..

Oliver Croft

Well maybe,

I've ordered another pull up bar, I need to put two of these together in order to do russian dips.

When it arrives I might be able to make the distance narrower...they are a bit wide for me... the width between the bars is 60 cm.

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Well maybe,

I've ordered another pull up bar, I need to put two of these together in order to do russian dips.

When it arrives I might be able to make the distance narrower...they are a bit wide for me... the width between the bars is 60 cm.

usually 42-52 cm is the distance of the competition pbars. if you stay in the middle...46--47 should be fine..

Oliver Croft

OK

Oliver Croft

Hi Alessandro,

 

I've put two bars together to get a narrower width. What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Hi Alessandro,

 

I've put two bars together to get a narrower width. What do you think?

 

For sure this is better....

a little correction can be done from the front view where you should try to hold the forearsms parallel one to the other.. and from th the side view where you should try to avoid excessive backward lean with the elbows..

Oliver Croft

Any improvement from the side?

 

Oliver Croft

And here is my attempt from the front.

 

Oliver Croft

Hi Alessandro, I think i've corrected the side view with forearms more vertical. What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Hi Alessandro, I think i've corrected the side view with forearms more vertical. What do you think?

 

HI Oliver, at this stage if possible i prefer you to hold the hips extended and bend at the kness rather than flex the hips too much.

Oliver Croft

OK. I can straighten my legs a bit more than the video.

I tend to swing a bit more with bent knees, but I'll keep my knees bent for the dips.

Oliver Croft

This video is with knees tucked as you instructed. What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

This video is with knees tucked as you instructed. What do you think?

 

very nice!